Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    Universal Search SMS icon only for mobile tagged numbers and email addresses only.

    Currently this patch is not functioning correctly and is being tested/updated to work.

    The patch file has been removed until it can be fixed and verified working correctly.
    Last edited by xenoph0be; 09/01/2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Removed patch for time being.
  2. #2  
    Why is email being tagged as sms?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  3. #3  
    Hey thanks you helped me figure out my missing universal search tag problem for my additional contacts patch
  4. #4  
    Very useful patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  5. #5  
    Can you make a version where ONLY mobile shows the SMS icon?

    Thanks
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenoph0be View Post
    Universal Search SMS icon only for mobile tagged numbers and email addresses only.

    Submitted to preware patch feed.
    Thanks for the patch, but not sure it works...it adds the icon correctly, but when I tap on an icon, it brings me to the messaging app but sets up the message to be sent to a mobile number, but the email address. does it work for you?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Thanks for the patch, but not sure it works...it adds the icon correctly, but when I tap on an icon, it brings me to the messaging app but sets up the message to be sent to a mobile number, but the email address. does it work for you?
    Adam,
    Upon further testing, it appears that the messaging app doesn't seem to handle email addresses very well in it's native state. The testing I did early on was done to my personal email account on a contact that had created specifically for testing the patch without any phone numbers in the contact. I apologize for missing this. I will look at the messaging app and see if I can get it to recognize email addresses as a valid sms destination, otherwise this patch might need to be pulled since it doesn't work correctly.
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenoph0be View Post
    Adam,
    Upon further testing, it appears that the messaging app doesn't seem to handle email addresses very well in it's native state. The testing I did early on was done to my personal email account on a contact that had created specifically for testing the patch without any phone numbers in the contact. I apologize for missing this. I will look at the messaging app and see if I can get it to recognize email addresses as a valid sms destination, otherwise this patch might need to be pulled since it doesn't work correctly.
    there is a patch that allows this called compose to email available in preware
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    there is a patch that allows this called compose to email available in preware
    Thanks. I feel like I've earned the twit stamp for not doing more further testing. I think the idea that Adam had was to be able to do a quick message not using the email app. Although, I'm unsure since it's possible to send messages without a subject line, and accomplish the same thing.
  10. #11  
    actually with the patch I mentioned you are able to use message app to send to an email. Just sent a test message to google account and it shows up from the email address of your phone 817XXXX@mess...
  11. #12  
    so maybe incorporate the compose to email patch with this one
  12.    #13  
    The compose to email lets you send messages to the email addresses from the new message button in the messaging app, maybe I can folow fritos lead and figure out how to make it work from universal search. I just installed the patch you mentioned and tried sending a message to my test contact from universal search now with my mobile number in it,and it came as a text.
  13. #14  
    I am installing patch now to test the universal search part. I had already had compose to email installed. You are correct it does send a text message wierd but with only the compose to email patch I can open app and send a text message and it will deliver to an email account.
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/31/2010 at 09:03 PM.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am installing patch now to test the universal search part. I had already had compose to email installed. You are correct it does send a text message wierd but with only the compose to email patch I can open app and send a text message and it will deliver to an email account.
    I think for the Universal Search sms option to work we would need the email addresses populated into the 'Text' drop down menu. I've been digging through /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs. $I$'$ve$ $found$ $where$ $they$ $gather$ $the$ $transport$ $data$ $for$ $the$ $menu$, $in$ $the$ $retrieveTransportData$ $function$, $but$ $its$ $going$ $to$ $take$ $someone$ $smarter$ $than$ $I$ $am$ $to$ $add$ $the$ $emails$ $as$ $a$ $valid$ $transport$ $type$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $there$ $are$ $enough$ $people$ $interested$ $in$ $this$ $option$, $since$ $we$ $have$ $a$ $decent$ $email$ $application$, $to$ $warrant$ $spending$ $the$ $time$ $to$ $add$ $this$ $function$.
  15. #16  
    I was actually looking into that I am trying to see how to set the secondary transportdata function. Hopefully someone will chime in.
  16. #17  
    Yes finally! I've been meaning to suggest this patch for a while now but never got to it. Thank you so much!
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    Yes finally! I've been meaning to suggest this patch for a while now but never got to it. Thank you so much!
    Don't get too excited yet, we're still trying to get it to function correctly. Currently the patch will not send messages to an email via SMS unless its the only thing in the contact record you're trying to send the message to. Otherwise the message will be sent to the first phone number that is pulled out of the database for the contact.

Posting Permissions