Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    I tried version 01.12 on webOS 2.0.1 (Pre2) but it did not work. Hope an updated patch will be available soon. Thanks for the update.
    I think it's a mistake that this patch shows up in Preware on webOS 2.x. It displays feed "unknown" and doesn't make anything after it was downloaded, you have to close Preware.
    So, after about 10 hours (or more) I got this patch working on webOS 2.1.0. I also added support for all languages - it only worked on English/USA devices.
    I submitted it and it should show up in Preware soon.
    Release Notes:
    Auto bcc (worldwide)
    Description:
    Allow input bcc email address in email account profile. The bcc address will be automatically added to outgoing email.
    Should now work for *all* languages.

Note: The bcc address is only filled in of the account you start the e-mail from. If you change the account in header of the compose e-mail scene, the bcc address won't be changed.
    Changelog:
    Completley rewritten by pcworld to work with webOS 2.1.0. Also added support for all languages (before only English/USA worked).

I couldn't test this on webOS 2.0.0 or 2.0.1, so I submitted it for 2.1.0 only.
    I attached the patch file so you can install it manually using webOS Quick Install. If it works on 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 too, please report so I can submit it for those versions too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just installed the patch on webOS 2.0.1 (Pre2) and it works fine ! Many thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Just installed the patch on webOS 2.0.1 (Pre2) and it works fine ! Many thanks.
    Thanks for testing. I just submitted it for all webOS 2-feeds (2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.1.0).
    Late comer to Pre-2 Verizon on 2.0.1 ....

Tried to get this patch to work - fails on install.

Uninstalled all other email patches, rebooted system - still fails on install.

Several other patches for 2.0.1 seem to require a special VZW version - could this be one also??

I do have the patrch instll log. if that might help - let me know
    @silverbackdave:
    Are you able to update to webOS 2.1.0? If so, does the patch work there?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    @pcworld

Sorry for delay - family matters interfered

Yes - up to date VZW 2.1

"1 of 1 hunks failed"

Other Email patches:
    - Email Mega Mix
    - Hold Tap Context
    - Mimic Outlook Format
    - Save Attachments to Download Folder
    @pcworld

Removed all the other patches, did Luna restart, retried this patch

"1 of 1 hunks failed"

I am wondering if there is something specific about the VZW implementation - noting the VZW specific versions of the Advanced patches??????

Added: Perhaps Sconix can lend some insight?
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 08/30/2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: added last line above
    Could you post the install log? So I know which file it's failing in.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    9 12658 9 1202 0 0 1358 0 0:00:09 --:--:-- 0:00:09 6908
    100 12658 100 12658 0 0 12542 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 42476
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-auto-bcc
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.email-auto-bcc.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html.rej
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/de/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/de/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |index 14a8e92..ac24333 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/de/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/de/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/en/ca/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/en/ca/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |index 6bdefda..7e8b6ad 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/en/ca/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/en/ca/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/en/gb/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/en/gb/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |index 6bdefda..7e8b6ad 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/en/gb/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/en/gb/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/es/es/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/es/es/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |index f0858ef..a241537 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/es/es/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/es/es/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/fr/ca/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/fr/ca/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |index 7023f87..bce86eb 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/fr/ca/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/fr/ca/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/fr/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/fr/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |index 6dde270..f797c16 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/fr/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/fr/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/it/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/it/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |index c3b27d3..e623987 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/it/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/resources/it/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.email-auto-bcc from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.email-auto-bcc.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Note - this was with the previously noted other patches install - let me know if you need me to undo them, redo the install try and get that log
    Yes, that would be nice, since I can't find a difference between the Verizon and unlocked version of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html.
    After you removed the other patches, please have a look at your PMs.
    @pcworld

sent you new log - all other patches removed, Luna restarted (note - maybe the same as prior one as it looks like I had removed the patch hes before prior try - oh well, senior moment, I guess.

Also sent 2nd email with the requested directory zipped

Thanks for all your help!

I used the heck out of auto bcc in 1.4.5 - to do 2 tap send of info I want to follow on larger device or to save - REALLY MISs IT
    @pcworld

Eureka - you fixed it. The patch you emailed to me worked like a charm and I have successfully added back all the patches I wanted/needed/had in place - and have the added benefit of the Auto bcc capability.

As I understand it, you removed some code to make a VZW a unique version of your Auto bcc patch - and that did the trick.

For others ...

I have VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Have thew following patches in place (relative to email)

-- Email Mega Mix
    -- Hold Tap Context Menu
    -- Mimic Outlook format
    -- Save Attachments to Download dir

-- Adv Preferences - Email Preferences - VZW (this was the hangup initially)

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS AND MORE THANKS!
    The patch didn't work for VZW (because it seems in the Verizon version of webOS all language files are removed except English and Spanish), so I made a seperate Verizon version of the patch and will submit it now.
    Thanks to silverbackdave for figuring this out.

The patch should be available in Preware within the next few days.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    @pcworld

From my email to you - to keep others apprised .....

Just completed a EPR followed by install-first of all the Advanced VZW patches, and then the rest of my patches that would "take" - to get rid of conflicts among patches.

When done, I tried both the release bcc patch, and then the emailed (VZW) one - both failed.

I removed the Advanced Systems Pref - Email Pref - VZW patch and your VZW bcc patch works fine.

I would rather have the bcc function over that of the Adv patch - for now.

In just a bit I will back out the bcc patch, reinstall the Adv patch, Luna restart and - capture the email directory and get a log of the bcc install attempt - then ship the info to you.

Hoping this will help .......

Dave
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 09/01/2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Testing done, files sent - let me know what more I can do to help

Dave
    Figured out the conflict with the advanced e-mail prefs patch.
    I'll contact sconix to provide him further information. I hope he'll update his patches.
    As they say in the city -- YOU DA MAN! Thanks
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    sconix updated his advanced-email-prefs patch, it's now compatible with autobcc.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast