Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    In the new/updated homebrew apps on the front page, auto bcc is listed. Did you release version 0.1.10 as an app? I did not think I had ever seen a patch listed there.

In any case, the version 0.1.10 is not in either patches or apps, as far as I can tell, at least not yet.

Looking forward to testing it.

Thanks!
    If you find it from the preware as "patch", the "Auto BCC" v1.4.5-61 is outdated. I have requested removal of the patch.

It is now changed to "App" under the name of "Auto bcc for outgoing mail" v0.01.09, v0.01.10 so on. However, I found it has problem to be downloaded. I am contacting the administrator to clarify.

You can download from the first page of this thread.

Or go there: http://uploads.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/auto-bcc
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Eric,

Version 0.01.10 showed up in PreWare, under patches, not apps, anyway, my Pre showed the patch could be updated, I hit update, seemed to go through the motions, then the phone all the sudden re-booted (like it did when I installed version 0.01.09), and though unsettling, figured I was OK as that's what happened before.

Upon the phone re-booting, found that your patch completed uninstalled. I no longer have version 0.01.09 installed. I see version 0.01.10 in PreWare, kinda afraid to try to install it.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I just uninstalled a much older version and installed the newest version in Preware and after a Luna restart everything works fine.

Have I said thank you for this patch?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    OK, I installed the version 0.01.10 and it installed perfectly, did not reboot, gave me the nice install message, etc. I rebooted manually, and it works like a charm! I can't believe we finally have auto bcc, this had been sorely missing!

And Eric, thank you for your personal reply to me email.

This is so nice, can't stop smiling!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by UI Designer View Post
    The new version 0.01.08 works correctly on the US English version of Palm Pre Plus from ATT as long as the "AUTO BCC" field is filled in within the Account Setup.

If the "AUTO BCC" field is NOT filled in, then the Compose email screen is broken and unusable with ALL of its fields being blank and un-tappable except for the very first FROM field at the top.

It would be much nicer if the Compose email screen worked as it did before this patch was installed when the "AUTO BCC" field is not filled in. Thanks!!!

The new "Auto bcc for outgoing mail" v0.01.10 from Preware's patches section works on my device, including Compose Email when AUTO BCC is NOT filled in!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Is a Luna Restart required?
    I did one, just in case, put Preware did not prompt me to do one like it does for other patches.

9/18/10:
    PS. Tested Reply, Reply All, and Forward today and these are also working for me.

9/20/10:
    PS2. I have the "Enable Landscape Email" patch installed.
    Last edited by UI Designer; 09/20/2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Not sure why, but today I tried replying to an email, the same messed up compose screen as before came up, no place to add anything, an email to send to, text body, the original email, nothing. Same as before.

I further tested in general, no email compose ability at all.

Removing the auto bcc patch restored my compose email ability.

I am sad to report, I am unable to use your patch. Not sure what I can do to help you diagnose, I sure want to get it back.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Same problem here - blank screen on v0.01.10 and no ability to compose email. I have two Exchange based accounts and one POP account. I only need AutoBCC on the POP account so I did not set up a bcc address on the other two. Uninstall restores ability to compose and send.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Funny thing for me, initially, it worked. I had not tried to reply before, but forwarding and new email compose worked with version 0.01.10.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by wamiller View Post
    Same problem here - blank screen on v0.01.10 and no ability to compose email. I have two Exchange based accounts and one POP account. I only need AutoBCC on the POP account so I did not set up a bcc address on the other two. Uninstall restores ability to compose and send.
    Please try to set bcc for both accounts. If it works, then remove the one on the Exchange Account.

I have a gmail and an Exchange Account on my device. It works with bcc for only one account or for both.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Version V0.10 works great on my german O2-Pre. Thanks!!!
  11.    #71  
    Not sure why, but today I tried replying to an email, the same messed up compose screen as before came up, no place to add anything, an email to send to, text body, the original email, nothing. Same as before.

I further tested in general, no email compose ability at all.

Removing the auto bcc patch restored my compose email ability.

I am sad to report, I am unable to use your patch. Not sure what I can do to help you diagnose, I sure want to get it back.
    If it worked once, it should be no other problem. May be this time the broken page is affected by other reason. Please keep observing.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Well, I never had tried replying to send a email, which is when the failure happened. At any rate, upon removing the patch, my ability to compose email was returned. I suspect it is the patch, but I will test further.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I re-installed version 0.01.10, and from the start, all compose email functionality was lost. No matter if I was forwarding, replying to, and writing a new email.

Removing the patch restored my email compose ability.
  14.    #74  
    I re-installed version 0.01.10, and from the start, all compose email functionality was lost. No matter if I was forwarding, replying to, and writing a new email.

Removing the patch restored my email compose ability.
    If you don't mind, you can send me the installation log as below:
    /media/internal/autobcc-install.log
    I am having the same issues here is the log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Here is mine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  17.    #77  
    Here is mine.
    Hi JDod

By visiting the log, it looks has conflict with other patches.

What other email patch you have installed? Let me try to replicate the issue in my emulator.

Eric
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have:

• Add Priority Discard Btns
    • Delete From Notification
    • Enable Landscape Email
    • Notification Repeat
    • Re/Delete All Email
    • Replies Forwards Multi Mod

installed.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    fwiw, I have those patches installed with the exception of notification repeat and add priority discard buttons and my 3 pop email accounts work with auto bcc. Only one of my email accounts is set up with auto bcc but all 3 are working as advetised. Perhaps one of those two patches are conflicting.
  20.    #80  
    I did the following test on the emulator without problem:

With autobcc patch 0.10 installed, and with gmail A/C

1. Install the following
    * Delete From Notification
    * Enable Landscape Email
    * Read/Delete All Email
    * Replies Forwards Multi Mod
    * Notification Repeat
    * Add Priority Discard Btns

2. Restart Luna, tested OK.
    3. Remove autobcc, tested ok.
    4. Install back autobcc, test ok for compose, reply, forward)
    5. Move some patches
    * Delete From Notification - OK
    * Read/Delete All Email - OK
    * Replies Forwards Multi Mod - OK
    * Notification Repeat - OK
    * Add Priority Discard Btns - OK
    Test again, ok for compose, reply, forward

6. Add exchange A/C, left autobcc untouched as blank

Install the new email Megamix just released.
    Test again, ok for compose, reply, forward
    Last edited by tsangh; 09/19/2010 at 11:05 AM.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast