Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I use the patch with the system menu with the flashlight toggle. I find myself using so often, I wish it were possible to map it to a hard button and/or meta-tap combination. Is this possible?
    I keep my phone in my shirt pocket with the screen facing out as my bluetooth headset works best that way. I've seen myself reflected in a store window at night, and my pocket was glowing. The phone had turned on for some reason.

I have to see what it would look like if the LED was on in my pocket.

I was in a movie theater and I saw a guy walking up the aisle in the dark with his pants pocket glowing.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Slightly off-topic, but kinda funny.

Btw, you do know that a patch(es) exists already to use the LED as a flashlight, right? My request was to ask for a hard button, instead of a menu item to turn it on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I use the patch with the system menu with the flashlight toggle. I find myself using so often, I wish it were possible to map it to a hard button and/or meta-tap combination. Is this possible?
    I was just thinking the same thing. But it would only matter if you could turn the light on wile the screen is off/locked, and using the volume keys would take out your access to canging the volume wile the screen is locked. Maybe something like this or something with the power button, or combination.

btw on the hardware side of things, I think pre2 should have a laser pointer also
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    A green laser, of course. I think that fits in with the zen river rock concept, doesn't it?
    lol, sure. Ya I think pre2 should have a couple more hardware buttons around the edge for things like this
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    e.g. big red button mapped by default to the Death Ray? (can be reassigned to "camera" but it's best not to play around too much and get mixed up...)
    Sorry, I failed to include the point I was trying to make with my long stories.

I think it would be important to make it a key combo. If it were a single button push, you could find yourself suffering from glowing pocket syndrome.
    I'd want a single external buton for when the screen is off or locked, and wen I just want a quick flashlight. Maybe hold the power for a few seconds, or double click the power button.

I agree with a keyboard key combo, if the screen is on or unlocked. My gesture+F suggestion is here http://patchmoney.blogspot.com/2010/08/40-to-55-for-these-keyboard-shortcuts.html
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 08/30/2010 at 11:59 AM.
    here is a sloppy work around if you want to use the ringer switch http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2656543