1.    #1  
    This patch allows you to search IMDB from Universal Search.

* 25-08-2010: changed to mobile version of IMDB
    * 25-08-2010: fixed image in universal search

This patch is available in Preware (when installing with Preware the image is installed automatically).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lexb; 08/26/2010 at 04:58 AM.
    My patches:

All my patches are available in Preware.
    Sweet, thanks for fixing the mage.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Thanks for the patch, works great. Can you make one that adds a dictionary to universal search too?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Thanks for the patch, works great. Can you make one that adds a dictionary to universal search too?
    You'll probably be more interested in Universal Search Command Line (see link in sig). It already does IMDB and Dictionary.com, and much more. If I ever get around to releasing the next version (it's mostly done but I'm a bit of a slacker), it'll do IMDB mobile.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Thanks for changing this for the mobile site.

I can't seem to get it to install every time I try I get the following error via Preware.

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-add-imdb.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Thanks for changing this for the mobile site.

I can't seem to get it to install every time I try I get the following error via Preware.

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-add-imdb.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Could be a conflict with another patch, do you have any other universal search patches installed on your device?
    My patches:

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I had this problem, because of a patch that removed twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    I had this problem, because of a patch that removed twitter.
    Ditto. This patch fails to install if either the "Hide Twitter Global Search" or the "Add Bing and Yahoo and Remove Twitter" patches. Likewise both of those patches fail to install if this patch is installed.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDeviant View Post
    Ditto. This patch fails to install if either the "Hide Twitter Global Search" or the "Add Bing and Yahoo and Remove Twitter" patches. Likewise both of those patches fail to install if this patch is installed.
    I'll take a look at it next week, could be fixable.
    My patches:

very useful for the movie buff in me! Many thx
    How do you package it so that the image installs with it in preware? I've been told several times in the recent past that it isn't possible to do that. I have a couple patches that require an image to be replaced by a custom image for the thing being patched to look right. I get many requests for it to be added to preware but I've just been repeating what I was told to everyone who asks me about adding it to preware.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    How do you package it so that the image installs with it in preware? I've been told several times in the recent past that it isn't possible to do that. I have a couple patches that require an image to be replaced by a custom image for the thing being patched to look right. I get many requests for it to be added to preware but I've just been repeating what I was told to everyone who asks me about adding it to preware.
    There is no official procedure (as far as I know of), and it took me quite some effort to get it in (first release was broken without an image). My suggestion would be to put a link to your image and some instructions that describe where it should be installed on the Pre in the notes field when submitting your patch.

Maybe Rod can comment on this?

BTW: This discussion is unrelated to this patch and should probably be moved to a separate thread
    My patches:

can this patch be installed along with the USCL patch? Don't want conflicts...

--MGb
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    can this patch be installed along with the USCL patch? Don't want conflicts...

--MGb
    I don't know, I don't use the USCL patch myself. But my suggestion would be to just try if it installs, if it doesn't, let me know.
    My patches: