Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.telephony/signalStrengthQuery "{}"
    { "returnValue": true, "errorCode": 0, "errorString": "success", "rssi": 78, "bars": 4, "maxBars": 5, "extended": { "value": 78 }, "subscribed": false }
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.telephony/signalStrengthQuery "{}"
    { "returnValue": true, "errorCode": 0, "errorString": "success", "rssi": 78, "bars": 4, "maxBars": 5, "extended": { "value": 78 }, "subscribed": false }
    Ok, so I was able to get the RSSI value. What kind of range should I be expecting? In the Emulator, I'm getting 84 with four bars.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    it would normally be negative.

-110dBm is about the limit of sensitivity for GSM.

anything approaching zero would be extremely strong.

the positive number you have is very odd.
    This would (will?) be an excellent patch.

Since bars are a hardware manufacturer specific calculation (see: this), is there any way to display signal to noise ratio as well as RSSI? Without SNR RSSI is only semi-useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    This would (will?) be an excellent patch.

Since bars are a hardware manufacturer specific calculation (see: this), is there any way to display signal to noise ratio as well as RSSI? Without SNR RSSI is only semi-useful.
    I don't think so. Here are some more for Garret the patcher:

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/phone/status "{}"
    {"returnValue":true,"action":"requested","scenario":"phone_front_speaker","volume":89,"active":false ,"ringer switch":true,"muted":false,"slider":true,"subscribed":false}
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.telephony/networkStatusQuery "{}"
    { "returnValue": true, "errorCode": 0, "errorString": "success", "extended": { "state": "service", "registration": "home", "networkName": "1&1", "dataRegistered": true, "dataType": "hsdpa", "causeCode": "0" }, "subscribed": false }
    bumping to see if anything ever came of this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12