1.    #1  
    Palm Logo reset loop that cannot be fixed by anything but this:

1. Plug the USB cable to the charger, charger inserted.
    2. Remove the battery from the Pre.
    3. Hold down the up volume button off to the side.
    4. Put the battery back into the Pre.
    5. Insert the USB cable to the Pre. (should see a large USB logo on the screen)
    6. Can release the up volume button now.
    7. Run the webOS doctor from palm.com/rom.
    8. Plug the USB cable to the PC and Pre when the webOS doctor prompts for it.
    9. Hit next when given the option and let it do its magic.
    I was about to call Sprint to get me another Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post

This shouldn't be possible. I thought uberkernel checks whether the palm stock kernel is installed before applying itself. Have you gone onto the irc to get rwhitby's attention?
    Are you running the testing versions or are you running the public realease?

As for ringing sprint, that should not be an option, take responsibility for your own actions!

Pip
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    This shouldn't be possible. I thought uberkernel checks whether the palm stock kernel is installed before applying itself. Have you gone onto the irc to get rwhitby's attention?
    Are you running the testing versions or are you running the public realease?

As for ringing sprint, that should not be an option, take responsibility for your own actions!

Pip
    What happened is that I installed the F102 Kernel on somebody's phone here at work and months later they were saying that they were having problems after the 1.45 update like speed and something. So Installed the uberkernel on top of it. LOL my bad... anyways.. I was able to Doctor it.

1. Plug the USB cable to the charger, charger inserted.
    2. Remove the battery from the Pre.
    3. Hold down the up volume button off to the side.
    4. Put the battery back into the Pre.
    5. Insert the USB cable to the Pre. (should see a large USB logo on the screen)
    6. Can release the up volume button now.
    7. Run the webOS doctor from palm.com/rom.
    8. Plug the USB cable to the PC and Pre when the webOS doctor prompts for it.
    9. Hit next when given the option and let it do its magic.

well, as long as that worked, you are good to go. I'm sure you had all your apps and preware stuff backed up, so recovery will be easy, yes?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    You mean it didn't make it twice as fast?
    What happened is that I installed the F102 Kernel on somebody's phone here at work and months later they were saying that they were having problems after the 1.45 update like speed and something. So Installed the uberkernel on top of it. LOL my bad... anyways.. I was able to Doctor it.
    From that I'm deducing that it was the testing kernel since you installed it months ago.
    However if you updated to 1.4.5 with the kernel installed then it would have removed itself from the pre. Was there not an update for f102 after the update or did you not apply it using Preware?
    I suspect that the f102 kernel was not installed when you installed uberkernel and that it was something related that caused the reboot loop.

Pip
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    From that I'm deducing that it was the testing kernel since you installed it months ago.
    However if you updated to 1.4.5 with the kernel installed then it would have removed itself from the pre. Was there not an update for f102 after the update or did you not apply it using Preware?
    I suspect that the f102 kernel was not installed when you installed uberkernel and that it was something related that caused the reboot loop.

Pip
    Apparently something went wrong there... because it didn't seem to work.
    Apparently something went wrong there... because it didn't seem to work.
    I realise that. I think it would be in everyone's best interest if you provided a very detailed bug report of what happened, to the uberkernel thread.

Pip
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Actually, the best first step to try when something goes wrong with installing an alpha kernel is to try membooting. It will allow you to boot your device and remove the custom kernel without having to doctor and restore your Palm Profile. Directions here: Memboot - WebOS Internals
    Maybe I missed it, but were these installed with Preware or by another method?
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    You mean it didn't make it twice as fast?
    Lol