1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Well, to start the bounty train, I would put up a $20 donation for a patch that will silence alerts (both sound and vibrate - this is important, as the other patch out there silenced the audio, but still scrambled my brain with vibration) while on a call. It should be available through Preware (AUPT compatible), and I'd like to see it compatible with the vibration extension patches, as well.

Any others willing to tempt a talented developer with additional bounty?
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Is this impossible, or am I the only one who cares?
    have you looked at "really silent ringer switch mute" or "vibrate when silent toggle" ?
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    have you looked at "really silent ringer switch mute" or "vibrate when silent toggle" ?
    Still vibrates when text messages come in while I'm on a call. Really rattles the brain, and interrupts the conversation.
    I could make a patch on the messaging app to prevent vibrations on messages, when ringer switch is on silent. Would that work? Or are there other vibrations that might happen during a call?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I think text messages would be the only thing that breaks through during a CDMA call, but I use my ringer switch at work, and still want to get text notifications with vibrate. (I suppose calendar reminders could still interrupt, but I could live with that.) The patch would have to prevent vibrations on messages only while on a call.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I can no longer get the other patch to work which silenced the alerts when on calls. If I get an email or text while on a call both me and the person on the other end of the call hears it. I would add $10 to the bounty.
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I can no longer get the other patch to work which silenced the alerts when on calls. If I get an email or text while on a call both me and the person on the other end of the call hears it. I would add $10 to the bounty.
    I am also experiencing the same problem recently with "the other patch"; that is, if we are referring to the same patch?

It worked perfectly, no notification or vibrate during calls,but recently it has stopped working, now I get the sound full blast in my ear when I get a text or e mail in the middle of a call.

I noticed this began happening since I installed Uber and Jstop.

I am looking for the thread to this patch. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this or with the help of someone out here in the forums.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    That brain-crushing rattle is happening to me too but on email alerts, not text messages.
    I hate to say it, but this could kill my love affair with WebOS. It's already disrupted two conference calls -- and I haven't had the phone even a week!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    This has got to be THE most disappointing "feature" of this device. I am really hoping that 2.0 addresses this. I get all kinds of alerts during calls: text, email, calendar...I get them all as I connect to wifi most anytime I can. I have even loaded the mute with ringer switch off patch and it still vibrates.

Extremely annoying!!
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    For what it is worth, I took off the extended vibrate patches that I had loaded for email and text and now the device does not vibrate when on a call. I still get the tone in my ear only, the other end does not hear it, but I take care of that with the mute option on the ringer switch patch.

So, I am now a happy camper again! I really like my Pre+ and I have chosen to keep it over all of the Android devices I have had...
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    My girlfriend can still hear the vibrate when I'm on the phone with her.. She be getting mad asking questions like who is texting me. Palm fix it Please before I become single!!!