1.    #1  
    There was a thread about this almost a year ago, and nothing was resolved.

basically, I love the new card per convo patch, except for the one very annoying aspect of it. When opening a "new card" from a notification, it just replaces one that you already have.

Developers: does anyone want to fix that? It would be much appreciated by more than just myself I assume.
    +1 - I wish I had time to develop and dig into it, but I work for an AC company in Phoenix... We'll be busy for another few months till the weather calms down.
    Is there any hope to getting this fixed?

I would really love having this patch working because it is very annoying that opening a conversation from a notification replaces a conversation card that is already open. I have been just dealing with it for a while but it is driving me crazy!!!

Anyone else have this problem?

P.S. I'm running 1.4.5
    um, like don't click the notification?
    Yes, but say I have a conversation already open in a card and I get a new message in. If I tap the notification the new message replaces the current conversation card, or if I tap the messaging app then the current conversation card just comes back into focus.

So the only way to open the new message is to close the current conversation card and then tap the notification (or open the messaging app).

This is very very annoying!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    The key is to always have a 'main' messaging card open. As long as you have that card active, when you open a new SMS from the lower banner, it will quickly jump to the main card and then either open a new card or jump to the conversation card
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Yea, I just noticed that while playing around with having different cards opened. That's not a bad way to get it work right but it would be much better if there was a patch that could permanently fix it.

I'm willing to put a bounty up to anyone that can make a patch to fix this but I don't even know if it's possible to fix this with a patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    Yea, I just noticed that while playing around with having different cards opened. That's not a bad way to get it work right but it would be much better if there was a patch that could permanently fix it.

I'm willing to put a bounty up to anyone that can make a patch to fix this but I don't even know if it's possible to fix this with a patch.
    Hmmm... Patch a patch...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Hmmm... Patch a patch...
    It's so crazy it just might work...or make the Pre explode...one of those (i'd call it a 50/50).