1.    #1  
    Anybody got the skills to create a patch that shows the status of the headphone jack in icon form on the top bar?
    What an awesome idea that would be!

Right now the only way I know of is to launch the phone app, call my voicemail, and look at the speakerphone button to see if I am "stuck" in the headset mode.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I'll 2nd that. I'm having troubles with being "stuck" since I updated to 1.4.5.
    da1Bear

Click to see my Virtual Business card

Palm Pre on Sprint
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    This really is a great idea, so simple yet this is the first im hearing of this.
    I would install this patch in a heartbeat if available.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    What an awesome idea that would be!

Right now the only way I know of is to launch the phone app, call my voicemail, and look at the speakerphone button to see if I am "stuck" in the headset mode.

I just open an unneeded card and listen carefully when I "toss" it to see if I hear the "swiffff". If I do, all is well. hahaha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I would install this patch in a heartbeat if available.

I just open an unneeded card and listen carefully when I "toss" it to see if I hear the "swiffff". If I do, all is well. hahaha
    Well, my hearing isn't so hot, so doubt I could rely on listening for the card-throw-away sound. In the phone app, on an active call if you are in headset mode the "speakerphone" button displays a headphone icon. And the easiest way to bring up an active call is to tap the voicmail icon.

A headphone icon in the top bar (just like the ringer switch on/off) would be a big help.

(Actually, a much BIGGER help would be to have a properly functioning headset jack so you know you are in headset mode based on whether there is anything plugged into it! One of my "wishlist" items for new hardware.)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Soooooooo...you dont know when your headphones is connected?..You need an icon to tell you?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Soooooooo...you dont know when your headphones is connected?..You need an icon to tell you?
    When the Pre sometimes doesn't recognize that the headphone have been unplugged and you don't find out until a call comes in where the caller can't hear you... Yes.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz