Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i use bedrock's patch but i am getting "unable to obtain IP address" when connecting. are there some config file i can manually edit ?

would be nice if the app had a field for IP as well. so i can't use this because i have no idea how to input an IP. i am surprised there aren't better options/patches to getting ad-hoc to work on the touchpad. someone had said back in 2009 webos had this ability yet no one has figured out how to "enable" it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    i use bedrock's patch but i am getting "unable to obtain IP address" when connecting. are there some config file i can manually edit ?

would be nice if the app had a field for IP as well. so i can't use this because i have no idea how to input an IP. i am surprised there aren't better options/patches to getting ad-hoc to work on the touchpad. someone had said back in 2009 webos had this ability yet no one has figured out how to "enable" it again?
    It was removed from WebOS since then and the WIFI app messes with the settings if trying to enable ad-hoc.
    Hi guys,
    does anyone know if bedrock's patch works on a pre 1.4.5?
    i've downloaded the .ipk file but not sure if its safe to install in my pre running 1.4.5.

Thanks.
    so is anyone really using 1.4.5 or am i the only one with an ancient pre? lol
    a reply would be very much appreciated, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bedrock#WN View Post
    My PM inbox is starting to get full of requests. I've had a few testers say it is working for them and a couple say it's not. I've also spoken with others who are taking a different approach altogether and working with wpa_supplicant...

But for those who want to test further here is a beta release of my ad-hoc configuration tool, it doesn't really do anything different to what's in the scripts already posted here, so thanks to the various script authors for those.

Code:
    http://nicbedford.co.uk/files/uk.co.nicbedford.adhoc_0.0.4_all.ipk
    I'm happy for feedback, but I'm not sure how much more time I want to spend on this project, seeing as others are working on better solutions, HP have updates in the pipeline(although I've not read anything to suggest that read ad-hoc support is going to be included in them) and android is now in sight (at least for those that want it!)
    Hi all! Can anybody send me a file uk.co.nicbedford.adhoc_0.0.4_all.ipk please?
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Thank you! But there are only sources there, how to get apk?
    I guess you'd have to build it...

But he said he is looking for the IPK in his archives. See: @pivotCE
    Pilotovef likes this.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567