1.    #1  
    I have a suggest for a patch. On the Pre, the backspace key ( <-) deletes characters to the left while typing, but it would be nice if there was away to delete characters to the right, for those that goes back and proof read their writing and want to make quick edits.

I think hitting the orange key + the <- (backspace key) should turn on deleting characters to the right. Just like on your keyboard, you have a backspace key and a delete key. I think hitting the orange button should toggle between the two.

Unless there is another way to do it that I don't know about.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I'll 2nd this request.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    +1
  4.    #4  
    I think this should of been a part of WebOS, but if someone here can create a patch this would be great for us heavy texters and notepad editors.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.
    right now you can hold the shift key and tap the word to select it, and then the delete key will remove it. WOrks nicely when you can't get the cursor inserted with your fingertip..
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Bump!

This is a patch that's been requested multiple times. I know I've posted in several other threads about the same thing. I'm guessing it's pretty tough since a patch doesn't exist for this yet. I agree this should be standard functionality, so I'm hoping it'll make it to WebOS 2.0. If not, I may have to try my hand writing the patch myself.
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    +1000

I can't believe this hasn't made it yet...
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    One of the more glaring UI oversights that makes it seem like nobody at Palm actually uses a Pre. I can't believe they didn't fix it with any of the updates, and I doubt it will be in 2.0.
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    There's always hope.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Yeah, I was just about to ask for this kind of patch but luckily I made a search before doing so. I'm already used to FN + Backspace from my Mac, hence I keep trying this on my Pre...

I just don't understand why this is missing?!
    Looked for this on Palm Dev. site and this is what I found.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:15 pm
    Dev:
    i just found out: it would be very very nice if holding the "orange" / "silver" key while pushing backspace would lead to a standard "delete" command.
    Palm Dev. team:
    This is something that would have to be changed at the Mojo level. I can make it a suggestion in our bug database. However, I just recently learned that Shift+Backspace will delete the last word typed. That's in webOS from at least version 1.4.0 onward.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

So the question I now have is...with the announcement of the Pre 3, Veer and Enyo, did HP build this feature in?

Can anyone who's got WebOS 2.x tell if option + backspace = delete to the right?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks!
    Karla