1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've run my Pre Minus at 800 MHz since I found out about Uberkernel (not very long ago - May?).

Now my Pre has decided to do a really great impersonation of a brick - even though all the USB memory is still there and accessible from a PC [I used my PC to delete everything from the USB drive, as neither of the two Reset options on the bottom of the device menu worked], my Pre can't find any memory at all.
    I managed (after several dozen failed attempts) to doctor the phone (before, progress always stopped at 8%; once I let the doctor run all night, and in the morning my netbook had gone into sleep mode, and the doctor displayed a message "device could not be reset".
    Now I have all the built-in apps, and icons of all the ones I installed (all with a black "hole" in them), but the attempt to re-install any of them just leads to "this app needs xxx kB; free some memory...".

So, to cut a long story short: Does overclocking only affect the CPU, or is the memory run at higher speeds as well, leading to additional strain?

...or is my Pre just an example of inferior build quality?
    Good Question.
    If you post your question in this thread you might get a response from someone in webOS Internals:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...kernel-77.html
    I think it was user error. Doing to many things to the phones when something didn't work. IE ...deleting all info on USB drive when Reset didn't work????? Never of that solution for a Reset. I don't see why you would do that?! Doctored the phone several times...with NO luck? Doctoring seems to always work...when needed. I fill that it's just a plain memory issue. You probably got too much stuff on the phone and the basic phone services which need to access memory storage to run doesn't have enough to do so.
    I'll bump this, in hopes that someone with more knowledge will come alongside me to speak on how the OMAP3460 handles memory clocks under the overclocking kernels-- although this shouldn't matter, as the kernels only alter their own kernel clock and do not access lower-level hardware.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    I think it was user error. Doing to many things to the phones when something didn't work. IE ...deleting all info on USB drive when Reset didn't work????? Never of that solution for a Reset. I don't see why you would do that?! Doctored the phone several times...with NO luck? Doctoring seems to always work...when needed. I fill that it's just a plain memory issue. You probably got too much stuff on the phone and the basic phone services which need to access memory storage to run doesn't have enough to do so.

I suppose I left out too much of what happened in the last days - my Pre hasn't been working since last Wednesday.

It all started when I applied a patch (iPhone agent spoof, which is supposed to make many web sites more Pre friendly); after the installation came the usual message about restarting Luna; I did, did something else, and after quite a while turned back to my Pre, to be greeted with a black screen and "Palm".

I tried to Power off, which didn't work, removed the battery, after which the Pre came on and immediately stuck at the first "Palm" - no animation, no glow.

Strangely, Orange-Sym-R worked, but once the phone seemed to be working again, everything I did resulted in "Too many cards", even just opening the Phone directly after a reset.

I checked the forums for bricked phones and the only advice that seemed relevant to my case was "Doctor your phone" - so I did; eventually, after several days it worked .

I went through the initialising process of joining my Profile, then the app catalog casme up... and in quick succession I was told "xxx - intallation failed", and after a while there was ""Installation of several programs failed (151)".

I tried to install just the one app I needed most (being abroad on vacation, that was MapTool), and was told "This app needs 4.6 MB; free some memory...".

I was not sure if any memory would do, so I saved the "USB drive" of the Pre to my PC, scrolled through the device menu to the Reset options, tapped on the button that would erase the USB drive - and the screen was kind of greyed out, but nothing was deleted; so I used my PC to delete everything.

At present my Pre rests in a bag, waiting for my return to my home - and to my phone provider.
    OK...sorry for my other post then. You may have found a bug. Now I'm just speaking hypothetical here...but you said you are abroad. I'm wondering where you activated the phone? Not sure of how Dotoring works but from my understanding it resets it back to stock and to whatever version of the Dotor you have. Now when it comes to your profile info and apps it's looking for your cell provider attached to Palm profile (another grab from the ****) and if your abroad..say France...the info on that provider (if you can get on it) doesn't match so you get all the failed downloads. Hmm either way...its interesting and a bummer. I'm sure someone here can help...but the being abroad COULD be an issue.