1.    #1  
    Since the 1.4.5 upgrade, none of the patches I have installed with Internalz are working. (Brightness Inverted, Scrollbar in Browser, Custom Low Battery Sounds).

When I view these from "installed packages" in Preware, they all show Download Size & Installed Size as "0 B".

I have used the exact same procedure to install them: e-mail patch from the forum, tap on attachment in email till it downloads, tap again to launch Internalz, tap on Install Patch, Luna Restart if needed.

This seemed to work perfectly prior to the 1.4.5 upgrade. Can't figure out why it won't now, have tried several times.

Anyone experiencing a similar problem or have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Since the 1.4.5 upgrade, none of the patches I have installed with Internalz are working. (Brightness Inverted, Scrollbar in Browser, Custom Low Battery Sounds).

When I view these from "installed packages" in Preware, they all show Download Size & Installed Size as "0 B".

I have used the exact same procedure to install them: e-mail patch from the forum, tap on attachment in email till it downloads, tap again to launch Internalz, tap on Install Patch, Luna Restart if needed.

This seemed to work perfectly prior to the 1.4.5 upgrade. Can't figure out why it won't now, have tried several times.

Anyone experiencing a similar problem or have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    I only use the inverted brightness and I initially had the same problem. I tried several different things and only one of them worked. I downloaded the patch from the original post to my desktop. I then used WOSQI to install and it worked. I have no idea what the problem was or why WOSQI worked, but just thought I would tell you what worked for me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I was also having the same problem with inverted keyboard brightness patch. When I clicked on the e-mail attachment, I would get a blank patch file on internalz.
    Although, I found the e-mail I sent myself before I updated to 1.4.5. That attachment installed with internalz just fine.
    I believe the problem is from precentral.

EDIT: After some testing I strongly believe the problem is with the "email attachment" link on precentral. I was able to download a patch to my computer, email it to myself, and install the patch with internalz.
    Last edited by sensai28; 08/16/2010 at 07:31 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sensai28 View Post
    EDIT: After some testing I strongly believe the problem is with the "email attachment" link on precentral. I was able to download a patch to my computer, email it to myself, and install the patch with internalz.
    Sounds reasonable, I am trying that method now. Funny thing, after I removed the three "0 byte" patches in Preware, they then showed up still under Available Packages. (Still with 0 bytes). I'm doing a Luna restart before trying to apply the ones I e-mailed to myself from my PC. I'm hoping when I install those, the good ones will install and not the bad ones. Will update when I'm done.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  5.    #5  
    Update:
    Installed all 3 of the patches mentioned above. Scrollbar in Browser works, Inverted Brightness does not. Not sure why; I have Brightness in Device Menu already installed, but the thread for the Inverted Brightness patch said that they should be compatible.

Interesting thing, all three of the patches now show "32 Bytes" as both the download size and installed size. Seems like an odd coincidence - none of the patches installed from Preware are the same as that.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)