1.    #1  
    If it's possible, it would be quite useful to have a notification brought up when a contact in a buddy list (AIM, Yahoo, Google, MSM, etc) signs on or signs off, as is done with regular IM clients such at pidgin, AIM, trillian, etc.
    : (){:|:&};:
    It sounds like a good idea, but if you think about the way the phone essentially 'pauses' when its putting up a notification, I have a feeling this would get very annoying very quickly.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    It sounds like a good idea, but if you think about the way the phone essentially 'pauses' when its putting up a notification, I have a feeling this would get very annoying very quickly.
    Then don't install the patch if it is written? If palm were ever to implement the feature themselves, it should be an option. That's what a lot of patches address in the first place. Things that should have been options to begin with.

anyway... selfish bump. I really need this now that I'm dating again, lol. "I saw you were online, why didn't you message me when I signed on??" *sigh*
    : (){:|:&};:
    lol, i would never use this patch but you're correct. Most other im apps have this option. You might want to check with Greg to see if he'll consider adding it to his messaging plugins.