Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When you miss a call, a prompt comes up that says CALL BACK or DISMISS,

but it only lists the number not a contact ID.

this prompt does go away after awhile and shows a missed call icon which does show contact ID. but i would like to know initially who called if i dont know the number by heart.

anyone else think this would be helpful. thanks guys.
    Not sure I think you need a patch for this... just add that person's phone number to their contact info and their name and pic will show if you miss a call from them. A patch would only be reinventing the wheel.

If you want to see a list of missed calls, just open up your phone dialer and press the 'list' button at the bottom right. You can select 'all calls' or 'missed calls' at the top. If you have a contact name/phone in your contacts list, their name/phone/pic will show there. If a call comes in from a number that is from someone you want a name to be displayed - just add that number and person to your contacts.
  3.    #3  
    On recently missed calls their is a prompt that ONLY lists the number, even if you have that number attached to name in your contacts. Hence the title says match.

I'll post a screenshot later, but try it from a number on your contacts.
    If you miss that call, the prompt where the buttons say "Call back" or "Dismiss", it only shows the number. Which is annoying, cause why would i want to "Call back" a number if i don't know who it is, even though it may be in my contacts. Its especially annoying when I'm driving and its on the touchstone, i would like to just look down at a glance to see whose called i missed as opposed to going into call history. much safer if you ask me.
    Yeah I know about call history and that lists the contacts just fine, its just that one prompt. check it out. ill post a screenshot tonight.
  4.    #4  
    Here is what i mean.
    This number is in my contacts as you can see by the pic i assigned it, but no name is shown.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    When you miss a call, a prompt comes up that says CALL BACK or DISMISS,

but it only lists the number not a contact ID.

this prompt does go away after awhile and shows a missed call icon which does show contact ID. but i would like to know initially who called if i dont know the number by heart.

anyone else think this would be helpful. thanks guys.
    +1 to this request.
    I too have faced this rather silly and quite annoying choice by Palm to display the number instead of the 'contact'. The first couple of times it happened I actually did not even realize that the number displayed was actually for someone in my contact list.
    @OP... ahhhh... thanks for the screen shot.. that helps clarify the question and request a LOT.
    Here is what i mean.
    This number is in my contacts as you can see by the pic i assigned it, but no name is shown.
    how are you getting the to show.
    This is what i get on a missed call
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

plus1
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Here is what i mean.
    That's odd - mine shows the contact name just above the number
    This is odd... I will try to capture a screenshot... but when mine comes up with the call back and dismiss button it shows the contact name, and photo... at least Im fairly certain it does. If youve assigned a picture to the contact... as you pointed out, shouldnt that photo tell you who it was?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    how are you getting the to show.
    This is what i get on a missed call
    That's what I get after a minute of my screen. So right after a missed call i get my screen, then after a minute if you dont do anything on my screen it goes directly to a swipable screen instead of buttons which DOES include the contact name, which makes it even odder.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerstg View Post
    That's odd - mine shows the contact name just above the number
    can you post screenshot? it is odd, especially since it looks like there is space for it.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    This is odd... I will try to capture a screenshot... but when mine comes up with the call back and dismiss button it shows the contact name, and photo... at least Im fairly certain it does. If youve assigned a picture to the contact... as you pointed out, shouldnt that photo tell you who it was?
    Yeah but that was just an example, alot/most of my contacts don't have photos attached to them.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    +1
    Didn't understand this request at all...until it happened to me!

+1

Regards,
    Tom
    That's what I get after a minute of my screen. So right after a missed call i get my screen, then after a minute if you dont do anything on my screen it goes directly to a swipable screen instead of buttons which DOES include the contact name, which makes it even odder.
    It could be that I have this patch installed from preware

No Missed Call Callback

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    It could be that I have this patch installed from preware

No Missed Call Callback
    I installed that patch too. Nope still no contact name. Are you sure your palm doesn't do this on missed calls?
    I installed that patch too. Nope still no contact name. Are you sure your palm doesn't do this on missed calls?
    yes
    after a missed call I get what I posted above.

19.    #19  
    maybe its only on the pixi, anyone with a pre get the message i get?
    I have a pre and I just experienced this today. I don't have any missed-call-patches installed.

I called the number back and THEN I saw who it was because the phone app told me. Why not have it show the name in that little balloon? So strange.

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast