Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So Im pretty familiar with preware, one day I noticed that the patches I have installed (successfully) doesnt work. It says in has been installed but when I look to see, nothing has changed. It does this with any patch I try to install. I dont want to try something that might screw it worse and if there is a way so I dont have to doctor it, that would be cool. My preware is up to date and all updates installed correctly. it says everything is good and installed but it just doesnt do it. Any advice??? Thanks - Cole
    No advice. Just lamentations of a similar problem.
    Did this occur after installing 1.4.5? (i.e. you updated, but the patches did not do what they were supposed to and would not update?)
    OR is this an ongoing problem that you just noticed?
    Check the version numbers of the patches in Preware.

If the version is 1.4.5-0, that means it's a patch that has not yet been made compatible with the new WebOS version, and is just a placeholder for the new patch when it's updated.

Leave it installed, and Preware will tell you to update it after it's been made compatible.

If the version number doesn't have a "0" at the end, something else must be wrong. :S
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I just installed GPS Icon 1.4.5-1 and it doesn't show on the top bar. I don't have any top bar patches in this version of webOS that I didn't have with 1.4.1.1 so not sure what's up...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by cpassey View Post
    So Im pretty familiar with preware, one day I noticed that the patches I have installed (successfully) doesnt work. It says in has been installed but when I look to see, nothing has changed. It does this with any patch I try to install. I dont want to try something that might screw it worse and if there is a way so I dont have to doctor it, that would be cool. My preware is up to date and all updates installed correctly. it says everything is good and installed but it just doesnt do it. Any advice??? Thanks - Cole
    Did you do a luna restart after installing the patches?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Yes I always do a luna restart, and I believe it might be something other than the update, no patches will work except the ones that were already installed before the problem, even if they are compatible and updated. But I hear the 1.4.5 doctor is really good, it can even save any game memory so you don't have to restart them if you doctor it? idk
    Okay so all the patches I tried do not have a 0 at the end, but most of them are 1.4.1 but I don't know that would cause the problem. Now, I could be an *****, I didnt even notice that the 1.4.5 update came out, until today. BUT! I believe I updated my preware app the day 1.4.5 came out. So if my preware was updated but my phone was not. Could this be the problem?? I guess we will see when its done downloading Hopefully I'm not the only ***** that did this (if this is what the problem is) and it can help some other people out too!! I'm not a noob, I promise! But yeah, I will keep you posted on what happens.

Any word on Flash 10.1 Update??
    Last edited by cpassey; 08/12/2010 at 02:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Check the version numbers of the patches in Preware.

If the version is 1.4.5-0, that means it's a patch that has not yet been made compatible with the new WebOS version, and is just a placeholder for the new patch when it's updated.

Leave it installed, and Preware will tell you to update it after it's been made compatible.

If the version number doesn't have a "0" at the end, something else must be wrong. :S
    Okay so, Updated to 1.4.5 and updated patches, there were 53 that needed updates but! that isnt the problem now. now none of the patches work, even the ones that I had before the problem I wonder if its a bad file or something that is screwing with it.. What do you say? should I just doctor it? The patches are compatible, preware and my phone are updated, and I do a luna restart after them, it installs and puts it in the installed patches folder. everything seems fine. they just wont make any changes when I install them,
    I LOVE MY PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Okay so I found the Problem, I had preware 1.2.7 and webos 1.4.5 everything seemed okay, when I updated all the patches none of them worked, I luna restarted multiple times in between the updates, but not while one was updating. still it wasnt working, and it said that everything was installed correctly. so I just said screw it and put it on the doctor... one problem, the doctor couldnt find my phone, everything was done correct and it was the 1.4.5 doctor. i also turned off my phone, removed the battery, put it back in, held the vol. up button and put in the usb and nothing.. So I was wondering if it was a bad file, and I remember that the only time my phone has done something close to this was when My Tether first came out and you had to root to install it. well i didnt do my research and just deleted my tether with preware, I didnt know it still left files in your phone.. good thing I have broken it or it wouldnt be under warranty, so I rooted it again and typed

find | grep -i aonic

yeah.. there was alot of files on there from aonic!
    so then I typed

mount -o remount rw, /
    ipkg remove net.aonic.tether

I put (.tether) because (my-tether) WAS NOT WORKING
    I searched for aonic and tether again and there were no files left
    as soon as I did that i looked at the doctor and it found my phone and installed the right driver for it ( the one my tether puts in makes it so everytime you plug in your phone your computer things its an internet sharing device..)

I went a head and doctored it anyways, which sucked cause it was 4:30 in the morning, I finally got done at 5:00 and while I was downloading everything back I went in and was deteting the apps I didnt use anymore, so the others can install faster.
    Well again im an ***** and deleted the pdf view app, thinking it was just an app for it, well i need pdf for work and school I dodnt know how to put it back on, the web had some crazy thing that will make the app disappear at times, so I just put it on the doctor again I still havent slept
    I LOVE MY PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    run emergancy reconstruction patch . It's right next to the epr patch in preware then update all patches again.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    for the pdf viewer just do a partial erase . This should put the viewer back on your phone. It will erase all apps and then restore them from your profile not including homebrew stuff.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->