1.    #1  
    Reduces the font size to 12px or 13px for top bar carrier string, app name, time, date if date patch is installed, and battery percent if battery percent patch is installed. This does not depend on any other patches being install and shouldn't conflict with any other patches unless one also modifies the same font sizes.

I have submitted them to the patches feed and should show up soon. In the mean time anyone wishing to install them with quick install or internalz I've attached them to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Maybe Im too old but the stock sizes are too small to me! Id have to have a magnifying glass to see that.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    Too me most fonts are too big. I reduce fonts in just about everything. I wish every app developer would give a range of font sizes from 12px to 20px. Anything over 15px depending on what the text is for is just way too big. By default the time (date) middle is 15px and everything else is 14px. With 12px you can have BT, WiFi, R or 1x or Ev, signal strength, mute icons, and battery as percent without overlap with the time. Using the default size the there was overlap with that much stuff. I'm also determining other ways to maximize space in the top bar even more for space for one or two more icons for those who really like many icons up there.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Maybe Im too old but the stock sizes are too small to me! Id have to have a magnifying glass to see that.
    It took me a minute to re-do the patch file to 16px and I tried it on my Pre, it affects Battery as Percent, which is a nice surprise!

I'm going to try a few higher sizes. Question is, should I post them in this thread, or start another? I'd link back here if I made a new one. Maybe it could be "Change Font Size..." and offer a bunch of 'em. I attached 16px, gonna try 17 and 18 now!

Good work, StoneRyno!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Too me most fonts are too big. I reduce fonts in just about everything. I wish every app developer would give a range of font sizes from 12px to 20px. Anything over 15px depending on what the text is for is just way too big. By default the time (date) middle is 15px and everything else is 14px. With 12px you can have BT, WiFi, R or 1x or Ev, signal strength, mute icons, and battery as percent without overlap with the time. Using the default size the there was overlap with that much stuff. I'm also determining other ways to maximize space in the top bar even more for space for one or two more icons for those who really like many icons up there.
    Yeah, I'm definitely in the lots of icons camp, or rather I was until I EPR'd last night for 1.4.5. Definitely a good take on the overlapping issue, but mileage will vary for everyone. Patching is all about options. This will be nice on GF's Pixi, no wifi to get in the way, and she never uses bluetooth. Might even check 20px on hers.

I went up to 18px and I can already see it getting crowded easily. The battery percent looked like it was pushing the icons over, but comparing them in image viewer, it has not, actually. Here's 18px, and that's add MM/DD as delimiter, btw. Launcher open touches the date just barely.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Thanks for this. Can't wait to try it out. My top bar is getting a little crowded :-)
  7.    #7  
    I believe the larger sizes are already in the preware feed unless they don't change everything I was changing. Compare and see if they are different. Also it doesn't matter to me if increased sizes are post here or not. I guess it is a matter of how they would be best handled. This thread is linked for the patch feed for people to discuss the two I added.
    Most of the increase ones are mine, I have not looked at your .diff but to clarify mine do affect all fonts on the top bar including the batt.

Also you can open mine and change the font size as many have done im sure.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Most of the increase ones are mine, I have not looked at your .diff but to clarify mine do affect all fonts on the top bar including the batt.

Also you can open mine and change the font size as many have done im sure.
    It appears we are both modifying the same font sizes. So anyone wanting larger ones like them would just have to make variations that aren't already done if any of these don't fit their desire. I'm guessing you've covered most everything on the larger side and I can't imagine going smaller than 12px.
    Any chance of making these compatible for 2.1?
    waaaay too small for me....I'd rather increase the size than decrease it