Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So, in awaiting the new WebOS update, I am uninstalling my patches (as I have read that one ought to uninstall any and all patches before install a WebOS update). Anyways, I have installed the patch that allows me to create multiple launcher pages. Here is my question: I uninstalled the app and rebooted... I am now no longer able to add or delete launcher pages, however the extra pages I created with the patch are still there. Is this going to effect my WebOS updating?, or should I re-install the patch and delete all but the original 3 pages and then unistall it again before updating? Thanks in advance for any light on this matter!
    It shouldn't, it's all saved in your Palm profile.
    ^^ jjeffcoat is correct. Those settings are saved in your Palm profile and will restore after the update (or if you Doctor your phone) and won't affect anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by timh83 View Post
    So, in awaiting the new WebOS update, I am uninstalling my patches (as I have read that one ought to uninstall any and all patches before install a WebOS update). Anyways, I have installed the patch that allows me to create multiple launcher pages. Here is my question: I uninstalled the app and rebooted... I am now no longer able to add or delete launcher pages, however the extra pages I created with the patch are still there. Is this going to effect my WebOS updating?, or should I re-install the patch and delete all but the original 3 pages and then unistall it again before updating? Thanks in advance for any light on this matter!
    I is your choice of course, but it is totally unnecessary to remove your patches before an OTA update, with the exception of a very small list. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...echnology.html
    Those that must be removed are here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    ^^ jjeffcoat is correct. Those settings are saved in your Palm profile and will restore after the update (or if you Doctor your phone) and won't affect anything at all.
    +your edited number of pages will be there when you activate your account on a new phone