Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    hi...

Can someone get out a patch were by you can sort through your email and sms from the notification. At the moment you get the latest email or sms on your notification with a number indicating how many.

It would be great if you could swipe left on the notification and it shuffles through each notification, for e.g say you have 4 notifications and the first one you see is a junk email, however the email previous to that might be important so you click on that one and it takes you to that email. or you might sort through all of them and find that they are not that important to act on so you just swipe right and get rid of it from the screen.

At the moment you click on the nortification and it opens up the email client then you delete the junk mail then go and sort through the email from the email client.

Many Thanks
    I've posted an idea like this before, but you reminded me of another idea I had today.

what about a separate email notification per email account? Then, lump all the email notifications from a single acount into one. This would help a bit
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    that could work, only say if you have alot of email account wouldnt that clog up the screen with notifications.
    it would work for me but yes, your first idea is better
    I want this too... First idea that is.
    If you use the Delete from notification patch when yu delete a junk email notification the notification will come back up with the next email once the server sends the phone the message that the junk email was deleted. I am working on an update to this patch to also allow you to mark a non junk email as read which the server will then send a msg to the phone removing it from the unread list and showing the next email in the list.

This of course has some latency beteen deleteaqread action and the server updating the status on ur phone.

For memmory constraint reasons the email app currently only remembers the data related to the last new email. I understand everyones desire to work with the whole list of unread email faster and I will see what it will take to make this happen if possible.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    What i was referring to when i said junk mail was any mail that came up on the notification that wasnt important enough to click on and view on the email client, so you just shuffle through the notification to find the important one. I understand your point about the memory constraint and how the latest email is displayed.

However i think it will be a nice touch to the notification system if someone could implement this, if it is possible that is.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    If you use the Delete from notification patch when yu delete a junk email notification the notification will come back up with the next email once the server sends the phone the message that the junk email was deleted. I am working on an update to this patch to also allow you to mark a non junk email as read which the server will then send a msg to the phone removing it from the unread list and showing the next email in the list.

This of course has some latency beteen deleteaqread action and the server updating the status on ur phone.

For memmory constraint reasons the email app currently only remembers the data related to the last new email. I understand everyones desire to work with the whole list of unread email faster and I will see what it will take to make this happen if possible.
    didn't an earlier version of your patch allow one to delete multiple emails in succession from the notification bar? It was great for deleting multiple junk emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    didn't an earlier version of your patch allow one to delete multiple emails in succession from the notification bar? It was great for deleting multiple junk emails.
    The current version still does this. When you click on the trash can a msg is sent to the server to delete that email. The server then deletes the email and sends an update to tthe phone. When the phone receives the update it redisplays the notification with the next new email being shown.

I am working on an update that will also allow you to mark an email as read from the notification. Just as with the delete when the server marks the email as readit will send an update to the phone removing it as an unread email and the notification will be updated to show the next new unread email. Doing so will effectivly allow you to shuffle through all new emails either deleting them or marking them as new.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Cool. Can't wait to see the update. Thanks!
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    what about a separate email notification per email account? Then, lump all the email notifications from a single acount into one. This would help a bit
    That's already doable. Just go into Preferences & Accounts, under SMART FOLDERS turn All Inboxes to "OFF". You will then get separate "envelope" icons in the notification area if you have new e-mail from multiple accounts, and if you tap to get the dashboard view it will show you the number of e-mails from each account.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    oic, I thought that option was only for the unified inbox in the app, but it looks like it's both of those, thanks!