Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I am very interested to get into the world of patches and themes but i can not install Preware. I have closely followed the directions however the phone and PC won't conect.

I have tried many times, any help would be greatly apprecaited.
    you need to read the "welcome" threads and the "installing preware" threads to get this info. The Preware guys monitor those threads to answer your questions.

However, here are the basic steps:

1. type webos20090606 and put your phone in developer mode
    2. Install webOSquickinstall
    3. From quickinstall you click the blue arrow on the right and install Preware.

There may be a standalone way to install preware, but you will find that when you read the threads.

Not trying to be a jerk, but you DO need to read those threads to you don't paint yourself in to a corner. If you have to ask, you haven't done your homework and I am not doing you any favors helping you dive in to preware before you do 30 minutes of reading...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    And search is your friend. There are DOZENS of threads started to ask the same question, when the info is wonderfully organized and managed by the people that develop it. Just a thought.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...l-preware.html

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...k-install.html

and dozens more...

Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thank you. I appreciate your comments. I have actually read through all of the forums, and have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find the answer to my problem. I will go to the forums you suggested and ask my quesiton there.
    You may find this method easier than the WebOS Quick Install route: Index of /
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    Thank you. I appreciate your comments. I have actually read through all of the forums, and have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find the answer to my problem. I will go to the forums you suggested and ask my quesiton there.
    You don't have to ask your questions there - I'm sure this thread will get you up and running.

I may move this thread for you to get best answers. But one question, what OS are you using on your computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    Oh, and welcome. You will quickly find that Preware (and these forums) are amazing. i'm glad you are diving in. Once you get it installed, it's very simple to use. Overclocking is the bomb...

one other hint - use the Palm-branded usb cable that came with your phone. Others have had issues when using cheap usb cables. They will charge, but not always connect for data access.

Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    You may find this method easier than the WebOS Quick Install route: Index of /
    what version of Preware will that install?

Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    what version of Preware will that install?
    Should be current. That's from the wiki page.

I usually give the full page however, like you do. LOL Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Don't forget to make sure you select 'Just Charge' and not 'UBS MODE' or WebOS Qi will not find your phone!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!