1.    #1  
    Has anybody ever wanted to use Sprint Nav in Landscape? Is this possible? My wife has a Samsung Moment and Sprint Nav works in Landscape on her phone. Is there a reason that you wouldn't want that on a Pre?

Thanks for all of you that have worked so hard on the patches that we have. I love my Pre and what I can do with it.
    BFGMaps and Chartographer are Google Maps replacements that can run in landscape mode.

Not exactly what you're looking for but I usually run BFGMaps for the maps and Sprint for the audible directions.
  3.    #3  
    I hadn't thought about doing that. I will have to give it a try. But I thought it would be nice to view the 3D view in landscape when using Sprint Nav. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 51fordcustom View Post
    I hadn't thought about doing that. I will have to give it a try. But I thought it would be nice to view the 3D view in landscape when using Sprint Nav. Thanks
    funny i was just thinking the same thing
  5. Ty
    That is one of those things that seems like a no-brainer. You have a device with this nice display and an accelerometer - just make your damn app auto-rotate. I see no reason not to.
    There is no benefit running in landscape which is probably why it isn't an option. You need to see what is in front of you not what is next to you when using NAV.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  7.    #7  
    I realize that there may be no benefit but just one of those things I thought would be neat. Maybe it isn't a really great idea. Just wondering what you all thought.