1.    #1  
    Have a one idea a patch request 3g switch 2g when screen is off
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcjacky View Post
    Have a one idea a patch request 3g switch 2g when screen is off
    You might look into the Mode Switcher app. The developer, Sconix, has "planned/in the works" a screen state trigger. With that you could change your 3g to 2g when the screen state changes.

See my signature for details.

I know that it doesn't solve your issue right now, but it will eventually, plus the Mode Switcher app will give you so much more flexibility on your device Pre/Pre+ (doesn't work with Pixi yet.)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I was wondering if switching back and forth between data on and off would improve battery power? I guess it depends on how often you actually turn on the screen to use it. I think for me, this would actually drain the battery quicker, because I get so bored in class, I check my phone every few minutes. Still, looking forward to this addition to Mode Switcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelas View Post
    I was wondering if switching back and forth between data on and off would improve battery power? I guess it depends on how often you actually turn on the screen to use it. I think for me, this would actually drain the battery quicker, because I get so bored in class, I check my phone every few minutes. Still, looking forward to this addition to Mode Switcher.
    Yes, while not probably the best way to manage power/radios, MS would handle it. I personally wouldn't toggle it on screen state change, but if that works for others, great.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie