1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have a patch request due to an annoying issue.

I am accidentally launching applications by just touching in the wrong place on my phone's screen.

This became a real issue when I purchased what I think is a great app, the Launch Point app.

That app allows you to setup icons of the people you want to call, sms, etc and place them in the launcher.

So now, if I accidentally tap those icons, I end up making phone calls to people I did not want to call.

I guess one might say don't use this type of app, but even if I stopped using this app, it still happens and I'm sure it happens with most people here.

So what if the patch I'm requesting can give us the option of setting how many taps it takes to launch an application.

Then things like having your phone run an application because you tap on the screen when it was in your pocket and was not in locked mode, won't happen that much anymore.

I guess that might end up feeling too much like a computer and not a web browser. Remember, on PC's and Macs (unless changed) require a double click to perform and action and a single click just selects something. The web browser did away with the double click to make it easier for people, but in this case, on a touch screen phone, it can cause you to waste time correcting mistaken launches of apps you didn't want to launch in the first place.

If there is a way to do what I want already, then please let me know how to make that change, if not, can someone make this patch?

I was also thinking that this is something that the developer of Key Boss might consider adding?

Thanks everyone, lets me know your opinions and let's see if its something that others want.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I agree I do this alot and would be nice to have to double click it i think
    +1, and also for browser links. I like how this is implamented on a touch screen blackberry device, same as a desktop. Tap once to select, again to confirm.
    Add me to the list
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<