Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    I would like the options:

delete the e-mails from the handheld only
    delete the e-mail from the phone and server

Right now, in Preferences, you have to select either sync deleted e-mails, which deletes them from the server or not. There are times when I have read the e-mail and no longer need it on my Pre, but still want it on the server so when I get home I can download it to Outlook.

There are several times when I read the e-mail and no longer need it at all, so having my Pre delete the e-mail from the server when I delete it from the handheld is also convenient.

Thank you.
    Last edited by wbdillworth; 08/05/2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: grammer correction
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    I would like the options:

delete the e-mails from the handheld only
    delete the e-mail from the phone and server

Right now, in Preferences, you have to select either sync deleted e-mails, which deletes them from the server or not. There are times when I have read the e-mail and no longer need it on my Pre, but still want it on the server so when I get home I can download it to Outlook.

There are several times when I read the e-mail and no longer need it at all, so having my Pre delete the e-mail from the server when I delete it from the handheld is also convenient.

Thank you.
    If you choose 'sync deleted emails' with the off option, then what happens is that if you delete email off the Pre, it is NOT deleted from the server. That is what you want if I read your email correctly.

And the other option beneath that is 'sycn server to device' leave that 'ON'.

Then you get what I get: I can delete the email from my Pre but it is NOT deleted from the server and all my other computers can pick up the copies of all my email.

However, that option is only good for accounts that are POP!

If you are talking about accounts that are in IMAP such as AOL (AOL does have a POP version, and so does Google), you have the problem that you describe.

If you delete from the Pre you delete from the server.

So in a nutshell, use POP for what you are trying to accomplish and not IMAP.

Most services are offered in both versions. I know AOL offers both in IMAP and POP. I know Google offers in both versions as well.

I use both version POP and IMAP depending on what device I am using.

Sound like you want just POP for the Pre to get the result you say you want in your message.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    the problem is I don't handle my e-mails in the cloud. I use Outlook. So I would like the option to delete each e-mail either on the Pre only or off the server so when I open Outlook it doesn't download those e-mails. Just like the options on BB
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I would love to have this ability also. On my 755p, I could delete from the Treo and it would still show up in my Outlook but there was also the ability to "junk" an email which wiped it off the server so that when I opened Outlook the spam never showed. The best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I would love to have this ability also. On my 755p, I could delete from the Treo and it would still show up in my Outlook but there was also the ability to "junk" an email which wiped it off the server so that when I opened Outlook the spam never showed. The best of both worlds.
    Yep. I'm starting to get some spam e-mails and I want to delete those from the handheld and server at the same time. But then I have some e-mails I will download to my laptop. I may read an e-mail and not download it for a couple, three days. There are times when I've read an e-mail and no longer need it on my phone, but still want it on the laptop.