Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Anyone know how hard it would be, if possible, to disable landscape mode for the pixi browser. Please do not link the patch for open slider, as I have tried that, and while the keyboard is "always out" it does not work

I have searched and could not find such a patch. Is it possible to make one? Would be nice to add a menu button, or even a preference option would be preferable so can decide when I do want landscape and when not. But even if that patch would make it 100% disabled, I could live with that.

Maybe a app that adds an option that totally disabled the orientation all together would be nice? Somewhere I read Jason saying that each app handles orientation on its own and now way to turn them all off, so I'm guessing it would have to be a patch.

Currently I try to read as much as I can out of News Room since it doesn't do landscape, but not every site shows the full articles and have to visit their real site ;(
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    No one has any idea if this is possible? Any dev or coder know? I do not know enough about it myself, but if its possible and someone wants to point into the right direction I would look into doing it. I know some basic HTML5 and Java script, and have read a bit on CSS3, but in the webOS world I don't know if that is even whats used for patching?
    I don't code, but it's def. possible. I've requested other ideas about this topic, but I guess slide to lock is enough for these developers. There's also a universal orientation patch somewhere that requires multiple gesture area taps, but that looked too complicated for me to want to use. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-control.html
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Holy freaking moley (moly? molie?)

YOU ARE AWESOME OH EM GEEEEE

I have been looking for this for months and that worked GREAT. I did get it stuck in the wrong mode at first, took me like 5 times of tap tap tapping before it updated, but it worked. IT WORKED YES I was afraid since it had been talked about for the Pre and using the slider, but it works for the Pixi. THANK YOU!!!!
    lol, cool stuff. Enjoy that pixi