Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    An away message for texts. Something that you could set to respond to anybody who sends you a text a standard message that you can change such as when you go to take a shower, or are fishing or swimming or whatnot where you can't answer your phone but you don't want people to think you're ignoring them. That would save a lot of unneeded anger on the other end lol. E-Mail has it, there's call forwarding, why not text auto messages!

    <<mod edit>> Added URL to patch thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ard-reply.html
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/04/2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Rename thread and provide url to patch thread
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  2. #2  
    There's an app for that.
    : (){:|:&};:
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    An away message for texts. Something that you could set to respond to anybody who sends you a text a standard message that you can change such as when you go to take a shower, or are fishing or swimming or whatnot where you can't answer your phone but you don't want people to think you're ignoring them. That would save a lot of unneeded anger on the other end lol. E-Mail has it, there's call forwarding, why not text auto messages!
    Oh, kind of like SMS Auto Forward/Reply (Preware)

    Pip
  4. #4  
    I've heard of an instance when someone wrote an email to another person, then left their own email with an auto reply. The person they wrote to had an auto reply also. When they came back there were hundreds of auto-reply messages, because they had been bouncing back and forth.

    Some plans have a text msg limit, or per txt charge. When I was on a Verizon plan with a limit, an auto reply would have been irritating. An auto-reply bounce war would have been tragic :O
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Oh, kind of like SMS Auto Forward/Reply (Preware)

    Pip
    THEY HAVE THAT?! I'm going to check it out now. That's really funny about the e-mail thing, that made me laugh haha.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  6. Ty
    Ty is offline
    Ty's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I've heard of an instance when someone wrote an email to another person, then left their own email with an auto reply. The person they wrote to had an auto reply also. When they came back there were hundreds of auto-reply messages, because they had been bouncing back and forth.
    That is awesome! Like two mirrors facing each other...
  7. saves's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #7  
    lol that is crazy! At work we have something similar but luckily it only auto replies with status once a day, unless the message was changed.
  8. #8  
    for email, loop detectors usually take care of mail loops, unless your mail admin is stupid. SMS Auto forward/reply, however, is vulnerable. If you have two people running it, and one sends a message to the other, it *WILL* cause an SMS loop. There are ways to avoid it. The author should look into them.
    : (){:|:&};:
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    for email, loop detectors usually take care of mail loops, unless your mail admin is stupid. SMS Auto forward/reply, however, is vulnerable. If you have two people running it, and one sends a message to the other, it *WILL* cause an SMS loop. There are ways to avoid it. The author should look into them.
    The email incident I heard about was several years ago. Interesting that it could still happen on SMS.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    for email, loop detectors usually take care of mail loops, unless your mail admin is stupid. SMS Auto forward/reply, however, is vulnerable. If you have two people running it, and one sends a message to the other, it *WILL* cause an SMS loop. There are ways to avoid it. The author should look into them.
    Thanks for spurring the author into working on the loop prevention logic. I submitted an update to PreWare tonight that addresses this (and an unrelated bug I found while testing).
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/06/2010 at 08:32 PM.
  11.    #11  
    I saw the update. Thanks! What did you fix or add, what was the bug and how did you fix the repeat issue?
    Last edited by SuzukiGS750EZ; 08/06/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    I saw the update. Thanks! What did you fix or add, what was the bug and how did you fix the repeat issue?
    The bug was that after you had a forward number saved in the app's cookie, it would not update the number when you entered a new one and hit lookup. It would only update the number if you used the contact picker to pick a new forward number. This was introduced when I added the dashboard stage.

    As for the loops.. I added several checks for forward and reply:
    - The app will not forward an incoming message if it came from the forward-to number.
    - The app uses specific prefixes for messages forwarded and replied to - if it finds them at the beginning of the message, it will not forward or reply to the message.

    Those were the only changes in this version.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Thanks for spurring the author into working on the loop prevention logic. I submitted an update to PreWare tonight that addresses this (and an unrelated bug I found while testing).
    Cool :-)
    : (){:|:&};:
  14.    #14  
    grabber , how do you delete and keep out the forward number? When I go in it's still there.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  15. #15  
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic

Posting Permissions