1.    #1  
    There are occasions when I send a text, and if I dont have good coverage, I get a yellow triangle and the text does not go through. Instead of retyping the entire text again, if we can tap the message and have an option to resend along with the other options, such as, compose new, copy, delete, forward or forward as email. I know it can be easily done by just copying the text and pasting it, but an option to resend would be so much easier. Thanks
    I agree.
    This would be a lot easier, not only if you get the yellow icon thingy but just sometimes my friends don't receive my texts and I have to send it again.
    Which involves copying and pasting, be a lot easer if there was just a button that would do it automatically.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Agree.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Instead of retyping, you can just tap the message, click Forward in the popup then forward the same message on again to the same contact it was originally intended for.

Not sure if this behaviour is part of a patch I have installed or native to webOS as if it's a patch I'll have had it installed a really long time.

I agree though, adding a simpler "Resend," option in this event would be preferable; although the forwarding method is the easiest way just now, it's still somewhat clumsy having to slide out the keyboard and re-type the contact's name, select their number, etc.
    Easier method (to me) is to copy then paste the msg into the same conversation.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 05:57 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Actually, if you haven't already figured this out, there IS a way to resend texts when it doesn't send due to coverage.

Simply touch that Yellow triangle with the explanation point, and a prompt will appear. and select "retry". there ya go! happy texting!
    I am going to push this back up because I think we need a patch like this. Yes, you can forward the text message to the same person, but it means re-entering their name and sending. And yes, you can copy the text, but then you have to open the keyboard and tap the gesture area and press the V for paste.

Couldn't someone add an item to the context menu that pops up when you tap a previous text? Currently, the options are Forward, Forward Via Email, Copy Text and Delete. Whey not add something like Copy+Resend. Then tapping that would place the text in the send box and you could hit the send button. So, it would be two taps to resend a text message. I'll bet that's even better than an IPhone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowens91 View Post
    Actually, if you haven't already figured this out, there IS a way to resend texts when it doesn't send due to coverage.

Simply touch that Yellow triangle with the explanation point, and a prompt will appear. and select "retry". there ya go! happy texting!
    I'm sure I tried this before, but I don't recall getting a prompt. Using Pre- 1.4.5.