Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Works like a charm - thanks for the quick update Jason. Lots of respect. Cheers.
    Is this 1.4.5 compatible? I've installed this patch with no errors, select the avatar, then when I send a text there's still not an avatar present.

I've installed the most recent patch Jason posted.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    Is this 1.4.5 compatible? I've installed this patch with no errors, select the avatar, then when I send a text there's still not an avatar present.

I've installed the most recent patch Jason posted.
    I got an error the first time I tried to install it but the second time after I restarted Internalz, it worked fine. I assume you restarted Luna after installing the patch?

If you installed it via Internalz, you could always uninstall and then try using the Preware feed to see if that has any difference. I can't imagine it will but you never know.
    Figured it out.. File Manager wasn't installed.

Thanks for the help though!
    Same thing for me with the iPhone patch...once I removed the iPhone patch...it worked like a charm! Thanks so much Jason!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Should anyone want it... here's an iphone style patch with Jason's selection for the avatar...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by elryon; 08/21/2010 at 10:48 AM.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Will not install (in Internalz) on my German Pre. Is this expected?
    Do you know by any chance if this works with 2sslow's scrim multi patch?
    I confirmed its working with it. I do have another question for you or Jason though. How do i set other contacts avatar's besides my own? I have mine set and working fine but i would like to have one set for the person i am texting to as well
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somec1 View Post
    I confirmed its working with it. I do have another question for you or Jason though. How do i set other contacts avatar's besides my own? I have mine set and working fine but i would like to have one set for the person i am texting to as well
    The contact's avatar is the pic that is associated with that contact. Just set it to one in the contacts info and it should show up as the avatar.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Elryon, Is this 1.4.5 compatible? Thank you for your help
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I installed it on my fiancee's phone that had 1.4.5, so I'd say yes.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Yup, just confirmed it worked on my Verizon 1.4.5, Thanks again for all your help
    this doesn't seem to work for me.
    i've installed the patch through preware and when i go to set the avatar everything seems fine but the avatar does not show up.
    any suggestions?
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
  15. m-s
    I have a problem with messaging on my Pre.
    The program is damaged while updating messagingpatch.

So I will reset the program but I can't delete your "set avatar to messaging".

Can You tell me witch files you're patching, so I can repair this files.

While delete with preware I became this error.

Error: An error eccoured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Unreversed Patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's updated patches, both for v1.4.5, and fixed the issue of avatars not updating on avatar change.
    It is nice job, Thanks, Jason. But it seems it can't match with patch "15 front in messaging"..
    any way you could update this to work with WebOS 2.0.1? It shows up in preware and installs, and even adds a silhouette thumbnail (I'm using the left patch) but going through and seeing an avatar does nothing. Also, for some people their picture shows up for both their messages on the right and the ones I send on the left...
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    any way you could update this to work with WebOS 2.0.1? It shows up in preware and installs, and even adds a silhouette thumbnail (I'm using the left patch) but going through and seeing an avatar does nothing. Also, for some people their picture shows up for both their messages on the right and the ones I send on the left...

It DOES work with 2.0.1, and 2.1 too! However, as I've statede many time on twitter and many many more time on the forums, this is a patch that requires FileMgr. And due to Palm's NDA, I'm unable to release that for webOS 2.x yet. So, currently, this patch is for the 100-something people in my beta group and once Palm allows piublic release, it'll work fort you too.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    That makes sense, sorry for making you have to repeat stuff for me. I know it requires FileMgr service, I have Internalz installed and the service but I hadn't tried using it. I just tried and I can see now that Internalz isn't working either. I'm a little dissapointed that the NDA isn't over yet as they now have a WebOS 2 device on a major carrier...and I'm a little confused that they have 2.1 out for the Pre Plus but my Pre 2 is still on buggy 2.0.1...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Jason,
    Even hard-coding the avatar as I do in my avatar patches doesn't solve the problem of my avatar being overwritten with their avatar when going from the list view into a specific chat view. The avatars are reset to proper when a text is sent but as soon as I go back to the list view and return to chat view, they are overwritten. Any suggestions? Would fileMgr solve this somehow? Thanks

edit: using a Meta-Doctored 2.1 on my Pre-
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast