webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [patch] Custom Low-Battery Notification Sounds
[patch] Custom Low-Battery Notification Sounds
Like Tree2Likes

Old 09/09/2011, 12:06 PM   #61 (permalink)

Can't work out what it's conflicting with.

I do have most sconix's advanced behaviour patches installed, ubercalendar and tweaks.

I did have the Advanced System Behaviour one installed but took it off as it semed to clash with avatar on left side.

Same problems with just charge by default and minimum brightness so may be it's me.

Haven't tried with quickinstall but could.
rege0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 09:56 PM   #62 (permalink)

How did I miss this great patch....love it

thanks Jason
Old 11/04/2012, 10:40 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
any way to make the sounds play more than once? just in case i dont recognize it the first time...
This will cause your already low battery to kick the bucket a lot quicker....

Probably why the pre default is a quick system sound

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Old 08/27/2013, 09:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Hmmm. I don't want a 20% sound but don't see that old patch in preware for my Pre 3. So I install this one and restart Luna. Then I create the directory .sounds in /media/internal and create a new file called twentyPercent.mp3 in it. Ya see I think I'm smart and if it tries to play a blank mp3 it won't make a sound right? Well it still played a sound. I restarted Luna and same thing. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?
Alan Morford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2014, 03:52 AM   #65 (permalink)

Hey i'm maybe pretty late but I downloaded the patch but how to install it?
Karo Hamasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 11/27/2014, 11:13 PM   #66 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Welcome to the forums.

As this is apparently your first post and you don't say anything about your device, I'll point you to this article:
Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

This post is also useful: [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad

As official webOS development ended in 2011, the equipment and software has been kept functional by a community of people 'home-brewing' solutions. If you are new to webOS or have been struggling with an old device and have decided to take the plunge into homebrew solutions there is now a lot to do as many issues have arisen.

Many homebrew apps & patches are available from Preware, but it's site, Preware.org was recently taken over by another organisation, so the domain has changed to Preware.net. Fixes are detailled here:
TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE

After more than three years, Hewlett Packard are finally abandoning webOS by shutting down the servers that store user profile information & the official app catalogue. HP to Shut Down Catalog and Cloud Services | pivotCE There is some hope that many apps can be salvaged and the services replaced by the community. As part of the shut down process, HP are moving data on their servers. To download files you will need to maintain your device after the shut down, you need to add these IP addresses to your hosts file so your computer can continue to correctly connect for the next month and a half.

This issue may affect you if you use Google Calendar: Use CalDAV to maintain Google Calendar sync | pivotCE | pivotCE

The status report link in my signature will give you information about various webOS versions and projects.

Your best source of information is this forum & the old articles on webOS Nation. Important news and developments are posted on pivotCE (there are various ways to subscribe). Technical information can be found on Main Page - WebOS Internals
Thanked By: Remy X
Old 11/28/2014, 12:57 AM   #67 (permalink)

Hi Karo, welcome to the forum

To add to what Preemptive has posted above, here's where you can get the Novacom drivers, which you will need to install in order to connect WebOS Quick Install to your phone:

https://web.archive.org/web/20131202.../packages.html

Scroll down and you will see the links. If you're on Windows, when you download the driver package, use 7-zip to open the file and another file inside it. Then you'll see the actual installer inside the second file, which will set up Novacom on your computer. The good news is you'll only need to do this once.

Once you do that, WOSQI should work and you'll be able to download Preware, and with that, install most apps and patches without having to connect to a computer

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0