Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    zedge.net for sounds, I'm using starcraft at the moment
    For any Mechwarrior 2 fans out there...

these are for you.

(I also added a good sound file for SMS notifications.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i tried looking around ZEDGE.COM for some suitable sounds for this low battery.... I spent a good hour or so and really didn't find any SUPER good ones but I did however find a couple...sorry for no link but try out "dead nokia"... and I thought the "dead pacman" would be a little humerous. Tried looking up some HAL 9000 but rather limited there as well. For the first time.... I can't wait until my battery dies lol.
    Last edited by sledge007; 08/20/2010 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    patch works great!! does anybody have mp3's they can attach?? im using internalz so i can't unzip. i have just been grabing out of my ringtones and using those. i was wanting more creative sounds. is there a special site i can download from?? thanx.
    There is actually an app I was directed to that allows you to zip and unzip files directly from your Palm. It's called Terminal. I originally posted a thread asking if there were any way to zip and unzip files via our phones. Some kind folks and familiar faces here from the forum showed me the way

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-terminal.html
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    This may sound too stupid...but I can't make a folder called ".sounds" For some reason the period in front gives me an error, "You must type a file name." I'm using windows 7...I assume there's a workaround for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dexsting View Post
    This may sound too stupid...but I can't make a folder called ".sounds" For some reason the period in front gives me an error, "You must type a file name." I'm using windows 7...I assume there's a workaround for this?
    Use Internalz on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Use Internalz on your phone.
    +1

Gotta love Internalz
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

any way to make the sounds play more than once? just in case i dont recognize it the first time...
    Maybe you could use a longer MP3 clip.
    I've read the posts several times but I'm still confused... I have installed this patch via preware but I can't find a single option to choose these sounds. So do I need to go to to usb and make the folders for it with the directories? Or what am I miissing... Sorry =L
    and also, will this play only mp3s?
    Quote Originally Posted by el_stroke View Post
    I've read the posts several times but I'm still confused... I have installed this patch via preware but I can't find a single option to choose these sounds. So do I need to go to to usb and make the folders for it with the directories? Or what am I miissing... Sorry =L
    and also, will this play only mp3s?
    Yes, you need to create the directory -- you can either do it via USB connection from your computer, or you can use Internalz (a file manager, available through Preware).

If using a USB connection, just create the directory /.sounds from the root directory displayed. If using Internalz, the full directory path is /media/internal/.sounds (note that in either case you need to make sure the period (.) is present.

You can only use MP3 files -- find the MP3 files you want to use, and rename them to twentyPercent.mp3 and tenPercent.mp3 respectively (note that this is case-sensitive, so follow the exact capitalization as indicated). Place these files in the /.sounds directory on your Pre. You may want to do a luna restart to make sure everything is read properly, and then you should be in business.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Yes, you need to create the directory -- you can either do it via USB connection from your computer, or you can use Internalz (a file manager, available through Preware).

If using a USB connection, just create the directory /.sounds from the root directory displayed. If using Internalz, the full directory path is /media/internal/.sounds (note that in either case you need to make sure the period (.) is present.

You can only use MP3 files -- find the MP3 files you want to use, and rename them to twentyPercent.mp3 and tenPercent.mp3 respectively (note that this is case-sensitive, so follow the exact capitalization as indicated). Place these files in the /.sounds directory on your Pre. You may want to do a luna restart to make sure everything is read properly, and then you should be in business.

Awesome! =D
    thanks alot! That was really helpful and I appreciate it. I do have internalz so I'll try that out and add my starfox sounds... =P
    You're welcome.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    any way to make the sounds play more than once? just in case i dont recognize it the first time...
    perhaps adding notification repeat to this patch, or separately having a low battey repeat notification patch all together would be another answer, especially in the case for those who are away from their phone longer than 5 minutes.

I like the idea and can understand where swingracex is coming from. Repeat notification patches are essential to me. Top 20 patches for sure.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    For any Mechwarrior 2 fans out there...

these are for you.

(I also added a good sound file for SMS notifications.)
    Thanks man, that made me think of digging through some older Call of Duty games and Halo. Specifically Call of Duty World at War
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

UnExplanatory>(I also added a good sound file for SMS notifications.)
    "Incoming message MW2" is not working when I attempt to use it as the default sms notification. After I select it, and close the messaging app. It resets it back to the default system sound. However it does work when I set a message tone per contact. I've got over 200 contacts to go through though

Any ideas or suggestions?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I cannot get this patch to work. I installed the patch via webOS QI which automatically restarted Luna. I then went into Internalz and made the .sounds directory and put the two files in, named tenPercent and twentyPercent. They're the two Starcraft mp3s posted. I did another Luna restart and nothing. I get the default Palm notification.

Can anybody help?
    Quote Originally Posted by liight View Post
    I cannot get this patch to work. I installed the patch via webOS QI which automatically restarted Luna. I then went into Internalz and made the .sounds directory and put the two files in, named tenPercent and twentyPercent. They're the two Starcraft mp3s posted. I did another Luna restart and nothing. I get the default Palm notification.

Can anybody help?
    Did you properly and fully name the two sounds to tenPercent.mp3 and twentyPercent.mp3? They should appear just like that in the folder. If that doesn't work, try and uninstall the patch then reinstall it again.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Thanks for the help RollEmUp but I figured it out. I have the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch which provides this functionality somewhat and they were conflicting.
  20.    #60  
    Here's the patch for webOS 2.0.1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast