1.    #1  
    When receiving new instant instant messages, the phone vibrates and beeps just like it does when receiving new SMS. This is quite useful.

However, when I'm already in an IM conversation and holding the phone in my hand, I don't need either of those notifications, the notification bar at the bottom of the screen is good enough.

A patch to turn off beeping and vibrating upon newly received IMs when the screen is on would be quite useful.
    i second the motion
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
  3.    #3  
    bump
    +1
    I have a Mode Switcher mode that does this for me.

It has two triggers: "Messaging App: Foreground, 15s delay" and "Screen: On"

The settings are "Screen Off: 5m", "Messaging Alert: Vibrate"

Then whenever I have the messaging app open and the screen is on, it only vibrates on new messages and the screen stays on for 5m. If I close the app or turn off the screen, the mode is closed after 15 seconds.
    So I have the exact opposite problem as you do fheinle, I keep missing texts from people because my phone does not beep or vibrate when the screen is on. I can only assume it is a patch I installed, but I can not figure out which one may have done this. I don't have mode switcher installed, so I am sure it's not that one. Anyone with any help will be appreciated and thanked!
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I have a Mode Switcher mode that does this for me.

It has two triggers: "Messaging App: Foreground, 15s delay" and "Screen: On"

The settings are "Screen Off: 5m", "Messaging Alert: Vibrate"

Then whenever I have the messaging app open and the screen is on, it only vibrates on new messages and the screen stays on for 5m. If I close the app or turn off the screen, the mode is closed after 15 seconds.
    I'm going to try a varient of this mode out, though I'm still figuring out Ms. I don't want it to buzz if the screen is unlocked/im looking @ my phone, but I also have the repeat notification patch for when it's in my pocket. I have that set to buzz me every 5 seconds 100 times, cause I kept missing txts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerty55 View Post
    So I have the exact opposite problem as you do fheinle, I keep missing texts from people because my phone does not beep or vibrate when the screen is on. I can only assume it is a patch I installed, but I can not figure out which one may have done this. I don't have mode switcher installed, so I am sure it's not that one. Anyone with any help will be appreciated and thanked!
    I don't think the patch exists, @least not in default preware feeds. In sounds and ringtones preferences app, you have your ringer switch off settings to vibrate, not mute?
    the problem I have is that the person I am talking to can hear the vibrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the problem I have is that the person I am talking to can hear the vibrating.
    on a call? You could make a mode for that, trigered by the phone app, that adjusts your ringer/vibrate to mute wile phone app is open, unless your like palm and keep it open all the time for display
    my mode to do this isn't working. I'm wondering if the "sms vibrate to two seconds" patch I have installed is overriding the mode.