Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Summary
    Normally when you hit delete within an email message. The message is deleted then you are back to the Message List. This patch will move you to the next message in the list instead.

Installation
    Download Patch file and use either internalz or WOSQI

Tested on 1.4.5 and 1.4.1

Changes:
    10/10/2010 - Added Goto Newer Email patch.
    10/22/2010 - Added Deluxe patch:
    With Deluxe you can change the order(newer,older,list) from the Email list drop down menu.
    Changed functionality where if you reach last email, you will return to list instead of moving to the next email in the other direction..
    Uninstall previous patch before loading this one.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by theinnkeeper; 10/22/2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added Deluxe Patch
    Rnp likes this.
    working great thank you
    Is this automatic, or does it give you the choice to go to the next message or back to the list?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    yeah like if it is the most recent email will it return to the main list. i would love this when moving through a few at a time but what does it do when you reached your last one?
    Thank you! This is a patch that I requested last week! Let's see how it works!
    Wow! Thanks! This is so crazy. I have been missing this feature for a very long time. I had this option on my old 755p. I literally woke up this morning and and was getting ready to make a request. I did a quick search to see if anyone else had the same wish. To my surprise - it was already made!!! Love webOS. Love this homebrew. Love this community.
    I'll install today. Man, I hope this works with the new patch that lets you swipe to left or right to see next email. I think that patch is fantastic for mail management, but if you delete a message it puts you back at the list.

Fingers crossed.
    Awesome patch. Installing as I type.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I'll install today. Man, I hope this works with the new patch that lets you swipe to left or right to see next email. I think that patch is fantastic for mail management, but if you delete a message it puts you back at the list.

Fingers crossed.
    No worries, it does. I've been using both since their release
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Prewhere?
  11.    #11  
    Right now it moves to the older email. since email by default is sorted newest to oldest.

if you get to the bottom of the list it will move back up.

If it is the last entry them it will move back to list view.

I was thinking of adding a preference that will allow you to decide the direction(older next or newer next)

how many of you would prefer the delete button to bring up a popup list that says next or back to list? Not sure since it will add a second click to every delete call.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    how many of you would prefer the delete button to bring up a popup list that says next or back to list? Not sure since it will add a second click to every delete call.
    Yes, the second click will be a bit annoying.

Maybe make it a preference or maybe make two patches one for each direction.

I have another silly request: Could you please rename this patch? I first thought this was a patch to delete the "next" email to what you see on the screen. Maybe "Delete Email and View Next"?

Thanks,
    veerar.
    This is awesome. I finally cleaned out a ton of old email. Thanks!

Think anyone will make a ginormous email patch putting together a few separate ones? If so, this one should definitely be included!
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    You can add me in with the "move to newer" crowd as well- I almost always start at the oldest message and work my way forward.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Also add me to delete and move to next newer. My wife reads email from oldest new email to newest email. That way she can follow email trains better.
  16.    #16  
    Added the goto newer email patch to the beginning of this thread, i will also submit it to preware today, it will probably take a week to show.

Thanks
    Last edited by theinnkeeper; 10/10/2010 at 03:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    As with others, have missed this for a long time and have looked for it off and on and given up. Just happened to notice while looking for something else in PreWare today. Thanks!

What would make a great addition to the WebOS email client would be to make this an option on the menu with choice for whether to go to next older or newer. Possibly even more "at home for the Outlook/Exchange" crowd would be to just have option to set to "next" or "prev" regardless of which sort sequence is currently set so that folks who sort by other than date can get the benefit of this, too.

Thanks again!
    Nate
  18.    #18  
    Sorry, i just did some extra testing and realized that the titles of my patches are wrong. I assumed that because in palms code the directions of next email were called newer and older, that is the direction they went. But after testing with sorts i found that the "newer patch" ends up going to the next email up the list and "older" goes to the next email down the list. Ill see if i can rename the patches..
    These are definitely incredibly USEFUL patches. THANK YOU!

I am one who likes to read the most current email first, then read the next OLDEST email and so on. Although I am an avid Outlook user, the names "newer" and "older" make more sense to me than "next" or "prev".
    After running EPR today, I noticed these patches are now showing as placeholders in Preware. What happened?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast