Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This patch allows you to delete your entire conversation history in one stroke. Select it from the app menu, then confirm you want them deleted.

NOTE: Yes, you can delete a single conversation by swiping them to the side. This let's you delete all 30+ conversations in a total of 3 taps.

Compatible on webOS 1.4.1.1 and 1.4.5.

EDIT: Now available in Preware
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by spdsktr; 08/04/2010 at 10:02 AM.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    james you rock!!
    Now that's what i'm talking about!

Thank you for such a useful and time saving patch
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sorry to go off topic a bit here spdsktr, but what exactly happened to the free music ringtones app?

I noticed also the same happened for a couple other free wallpaper and music ringtone apps as well, that have just gone missing in the last couple of weeks or so.

Will we ever see them again?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

nice patch!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Sorry to go off topic a bit here spdsktr, but what exactly happened to the free music ringtones app?

I noticed also the same happened for a couple other free wallpaper and music ringtone apps as well, that have just gone missing in the last couple of weeks or so.

Will we ever see them again?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2533438

which links to:

Free Music Ringtones
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

This is the biggest feature I've missed from my Treo680. MECHA-THANKS!
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. I respect your decision, and whole heartedly also agree with mamouton's comment right below the post in that respective thread, in that url link.

I just remembered after reading his post (mamouton) that I saved that app and many others prior to Doctoring as well. I shall unZip them and restore them back on to my Pre.

Thank you spdsktr and mamouton

EDIT: Found the zip on first page. Thanked
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/29/2010 at 10:50 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I'm not sure how this works exactly. I downloaded this patch through preware and when I click the yes button to delete all text messages, nothing happens. It just gets stuck on the box asking me if I want them deleted, then the phone acts slow for a bit. I close out my texting app to get rid of the box and the app refuses to open back up. When I reset the phone afterwards, none of the texts have been deleted or anything. I guess I'm just wondering how exactly this patch works so I'm no longer confused on if the patch is broken on my phone or not.
    I cannot find on preware. What is this listed under?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by masterguns View Post
    I'm not sure how this works exactly. I downloaded this patch through preware and when I click the yes button to delete all text messages, nothing happens. It just gets stuck on the box asking me if I want them deleted, then the phone acts slow for a bit. I close out my texting app to get rid of the box and the app refuses to open back up. When I reset the phone afterwards, none of the texts have been deleted or anything. I guess I'm just wondering how exactly this patch works so I'm no longer confused on if the patch is broken on my phone or not.
    Attached to this post is an updated version. I got an email from another person describing the same thing, but I have no idea what the error is. Can you delete the patch you have now, then install the attached and try it again?

I modified it to print out the error message if one occurs. This will help me fix whatever is going wrong for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjclaypool View Post
    I cannot find on preware. What is this listed under?
    It's in the messaging category for webOS 1.4+. If you are on 1.3, it is not available. Please make sure you upgrade.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by spdsktr; 08/01/2010 at 02:35 PM.
    - James Harris

Author of:

I don't understand. Doesn't swiping in the main messaging screen where everyone's texts are delete it? What would this be used for?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    If your name is Tiger Woods and you forget to clean out your chat history before you set your phone down - that's what you use it for.
    Dan
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    If your name is Tiger Woods and you forget to clean out your chat history before you set your phone down - that's what you use it for.
    LOL.

But yes -- this let's you clean it ALL with a few taps. No more swiping every conversation away to delete them one-by-one. This patch gives it to you all in one stone.

This is about the 5th time someone has asked me this. Please read the description.
    - James Harris

Author of:

I figured it out. For half the people I talk to, the message count is up to about 5000 messages or over. Some have even hit 10000... Deleting messages takes forever and makes my hone run slow so I choose not to clean up. Lol. This patch puts every convo on a list to be deleted instead of just having to swipe them away one at a time. Of course this is still slow as well and obviously won't delete all those messages at once. Just curious, but isn't there a way to make it so the patch just clears everything away at once without the hassle of waiting? When you go into the device info reset options and click the button that says delete all data and apps, it also gets rid of every txt. Is there no possible way to modify the patch so that it can erase the txts just like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    LOL.

But yes -- this let's you clean it ALL with a few taps. No more swiping every conversation away to delete them one-by-one. This patch gives it to you all in one stone.

This is about the 5th time someone has asked me this. Please read the description.
    hmm, will give it a try
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by masterguns View Post
    I figured it out. For half the people I talk to, the message count is up to about 5000 messages or over. Some have even hit 10000... Deleting messages takes forever and makes my hone run slow so I choose not to clean up. Lol. This patch puts every convo on a list to be deleted instead of just having to swipe them away one at a time. Of course this is still slow as well and obviously won't delete all those messages at once. Just curious, but isn't there a way to make it so the patch just clears everything away at once without the hassle of waiting? When you go into the device info reset options and click the button that says delete all data and apps, it also gets rid of every txt. Is there no possible way to modify the patch so that it can erase the txts just like that?
    With that much data, patience is a virtue. What you describe does not work quite like that.
    - James Harris

Author of:

James, I'd like to request a variation of this patch -- one that will delete all messages older than X number of days. I was cleaning up messages today to speed up the messaging app. Deleting individual messages is very unproductive, but for most people, I want to keep the last few days worth of messages around as it is usually a continuing conversation. That rules out swiping away the entire conversation. I suppose if you haven't updated a conversation in a couple of weeks, it will get rid of it entirely.. I'm almost wondering if that X number of days can be the last X days of each conversation.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    James, I'd like to request a variation of this patch -- one that will delete all messages older than X number of days. I was cleaning up messages today to speed up the messaging app. Deleting individual messages is very unproductive, but for most people, I want to keep the last few days worth of messages around as it is usually a continuing conversation. That rules out swiping away the entire conversation. I suppose if you haven't updated a conversation in a couple of weeks, it will get rid of it entirely.. I'm almost wondering if that X number of days can be the last X days of each conversation.
    Nice. Add to that an auto feature so you never have to tell it to even do it (optional of course). It can be done.

Remind me in a couple weeks? I leave in 36 hours for my vacation. When I return, I expect to be overloaded with GPS Fix stuff and then plan on getting FlashCards v3 at least pushed along heavily.

Will also want to wait for 1.4.5 as this would likely change the game a bit.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Nice. Add to that an auto feature so you never have to tell it to even do it (optional of course). It can be done.

Remind me in a couple weeks? I leave in 36 hours for my vacation. When I return, I expect to be overloaded with GPS Fix stuff and then plan on getting FlashCards v3 at least pushed along heavily.

Will also want to wait for 1.4.5 as this would likely change the game a bit.
    I was going to edit to add a bit about doing it automatically, but didn't know if you'd want to mess with that. That really would be a perfect implementation.

Oh yeah, enjoy your vacation!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast