Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sole_elite_xx3
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I noticed that iPhones have a very convenient function where 4-number PINs (e.g. 1234, 0000) can unlock the phone without pressing an additional button. On the Pre, if you have set a PIN to unlock the phone, you need to go through the extra step of pressing "Done" afterwards. While it's just one extra button, it adds up over the course of the day especially if you use your phone often but want it locked quickly for security/privacy purposes.

A patch like this would be very helpful to me and the many others who lock their phones with a PIN. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I agree, I was kind of upset when they took the 4 digit thing off in one of the updates. But now I just do 3 digits plus done.
    Incidentally, I was thinking the same thing just a few hours ago. This is one instance where I say take a leaf out of Apple's book. I happen to really like the iPod Touch/iPhone unlock screen...
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I actually think Android's pattern unlock is the best unlock, it acts as a security code and a single swipe at the same time. Would be good to have that on WebOS, I know they've ported it over to iOS because I have it on my iTouch
    Quote Originally Posted by hkgnyc View Post
    I noticed that iPhones have a very convenient function where 4-number PINs (e.g. 1234, 0000) can unlock the phone without pressing an additional button. On the Pre, if you have set a PIN to unlock the phone, you need to go through the extra step of pressing "Done" afterwards. While it's just one extra button, it adds up over the course of the day especially if you use your phone often but want it locked quickly for security/privacy purposes.

A patch like this would be very helpful to me and the many others who lock their phones with a PIN. Thoughts?
    In my humble opinion the digits then "Done" is a more secure option than the iPhone 4-digit unlock. The Pre system means you never know how many digits are in the PIN. As another suggested, if entering only 4 keystrokes is that important to you, make yourself a 3 digit PIN.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I agree with i_maq. The Android unlock pattern is very cool. Might take a bit of effort to create something like that though.

For those who haven't seen it, go to YouTube and search "Unlock Android Dream with your own pattern!"
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    I actually think Android's pattern unlock is the best unlock, it acts as a security code and a single swipe at the same time. Would be good to have that on WebOS, I know they've ported it over to iOS because I have it on my iTouch
    +1
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I agree, I like that way too
    I like not having to have 4 digit pin, all my iPony friends (at work and social) try to guess pins to then get on facebook and change your status etc... because of this I HAVE to change my pin everyday in case someone sees, however I often just make it 1 or 2 digits because they are all to stupid to even imagine something might be different to the iPony which makes it safer.
    no such thing as an itouch.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wujimmy View Post
    Actually works with any length of pin just dont need to presss done