webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch Request] Quick 4-number PIN to unlock phone
[Patch Request] Quick 4-number PIN to unlock phone
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sole_elite_xx3

Old 07/27/2010, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

I noticed that iPhones have a very convenient function where 4-number PINs (e.g. 1234, 0000) can unlock the phone without pressing an additional button. On the Pre, if you have set a PIN to unlock the phone, you need to go through the extra step of pressing "Done" afterwards. While it's just one extra button, it adds up over the course of the day especially if you use your phone often but want it locked quickly for security/privacy purposes.

A patch like this would be very helpful to me and the many others who lock their phones with a PIN. Thoughts?
hkgnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2010, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

I agree, I was kind of upset when they took the 4 digit thing off in one of the updates. But now I just do 3 digits plus done.
nodforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2010, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Incidentally, I was thinking the same thing just a few hours ago. This is one instance where I say take a leaf out of Apple's book. I happen to really like the iPod Touch/iPhone unlock screen...
zeakthegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2010, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

I actually think Android's pattern unlock is the best unlock, it acts as a security code and a single swipe at the same time. Would be good to have that on WebOS, I know they've ported it over to iOS because I have it on my iTouch
i_maq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: akram116
Old 07/29/2010, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgnyc View Post
I noticed that iPhones have a very convenient function where 4-number PINs (e.g. 1234, 0000) can unlock the phone without pressing an additional button. On the Pre, if you have set a PIN to unlock the phone, you need to go through the extra step of pressing "Done" afterwards. While it's just one extra button, it adds up over the course of the day especially if you use your phone often but want it locked quickly for security/privacy purposes.

A patch like this would be very helpful to me and the many others who lock their phones with a PIN. Thoughts?
In my humble opinion the digits then "Done" is a more secure option than the iPhone 4-digit unlock. The Pre system means you never know how many digits are in the PIN. As another suggested, if entering only 4 keystrokes is that important to you, make yourself a 3 digit PIN.
luau joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: veerar
Old 07/29/2010, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

I agree with i_maq. The Android unlock pattern is very cool. Might take a bit of effort to create something like that though.

For those who haven't seen it, go to YouTube and search "Unlock Android Dream with your own pattern!"
hkgnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2010, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
I actually think Android's pattern unlock is the best unlock, it acts as a security code and a single swipe at the same time. Would be good to have that on WebOS, I know they've ported it over to iOS because I have it on my iTouch
+1
BigGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2010, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree, I like that way too
akram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2010, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

I like not having to have 4 digit pin, all my iPony friends (at work and social) try to guess pins to then get on facebook and change your status etc... because of this I HAVE to change my pin everyday in case someone sees, however I often just make it 1 or 2 digits because they are all to stupid to even imagine something might be different to the iPony which makes it safer.
OverlordsComing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2010, 02:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
no such thing as an itouch.
sole_elite_xx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by cbosdell likes this.
Old 05/08/2012, 12:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quick 4-number pin to unlock phone
wujimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 08:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wujimmy View Post
Actually works with any length of pin just dont need to presss done
Firepower is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0