Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    My co worker has the Droid X and he showed me an app that lets you BBM blackberry users.. I've searched and couldnt find one for my Pre I'm quite surprised that this hasnt been ported or made for the Pre.. I'm jealous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    My co worker has the Droid X and he showed me an app that lets you BBM blackberry users.. I've searched and couldnt find one for my Pre I'm quite surprised that this hasnt been ported or made for the Pre.. I'm jealous
    there isnt one yet
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i've also seen it for the iphone... it would help webOS alot if they did have this app... everyone i know that has a blackberry refuses to give it up solely because of BBM, even though they hate everything else about their phones.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    yeah, my bro and sister are constantly BBM'ing and i'm jealous!
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    yeah, my bro and sister are constantly BBM'ing and i'm jealous!
    my whole family has bbm and im not jealous, not even a bit interested lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Waht app lets you BBM blackberry users?

Are you sure you;re not thinking of an app that works on blackberry, iphone and android that acts similar to BBM? Cause as far as i know there is no app that works with blackberry bbm.
    There is one in private beta at the moment. Search for Mojo Messenger. The public beta was supposed to start this month, but I think he's a little behind. Probably won't be long though.
    Ok i think a lot of people are confused here.

All these apps are BBM style type of apps. NONE of them work with BBM as thats a closed platform that RIM has licensed out in the past but hasn't in some time.
    I wish it was as easy as downloading a patch to get bbm on webos. I had a blackberry for a minute before going webos and bbm is one killer app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Ok i think a lot of people are confused here.

All these apps are BBM style type of apps. NONE of them work with BBM as thats a closed platform that RIM has licensed out in the past but hasn't in some time.
    Not confused, I thought the OP wanted a BBM style app for webOS, but for webOS users. Expecting BBM to work to a BB from a Pre is pretty silly, tbh. Definitely more silly than wanting a BBM style app to message webOS's small marketshare, of course. ^_^
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    RIM BBM app only runs on blackberries. I don't think there is a cross platform application that allows you to connect to blackberry servers. there are BBM like apps. Mojo messenger on WebOS and live profile for android but they don't let you talk to blackberry BBM users. Unless I missed something lately
    there is an app on the iphone called Whatsapp which allows them to connect to theBBM network.mojo messenger is a closed network programme in between webos devices.the whatsapp program is soon to be brought over to nokia also but i emailed them a couple months ago but they weren't enthusiastic about webos so you guys could send them an email too
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    there is an app on the iphone called Whatsapp which allows them to connect to theBBM network.mojo messenger is a closed network programme in between webos devices.the whatsapp program is soon to be brought over to nokia also but i emailed them a couple months ago but they weren't enthusiastic about webos so you guys could send them an email too
    It does NOT connect to the BBM service.

NO APP CURRENTLY OUT CONNECTS TO THE BBM NETWORK OUTSIDE OF A BLACKBERRY
    that app whatsapp does not connect to bbm. It's basically a text app for bb and iphone. Nothing too extraordinary, would be cool if webOS support was added.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    lmfao
    Use google talk, facebook chat, Yahoo messenger or AIM.

There are clients for them on virtually all mobile platforms, so messaging across platforms has never been a limitation on webOS!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    It does NOT connect to the BBM service.

ummm....so wait.... what your saying is....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Oh my god,

I heard someone yelling... pant... pant... is everyone ok?

Should I call the Peacekeepers?
    Blackberry Messenger?
    hahah sorry but thats the best way to get the point across since a lot of people seemed confused.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Googletalk guys, use google talk.

I've got more friends using GoogleTalk on their blackberries then you would ever think. Migrate all of your friends to google talk and you won't regret it. I RARELY ever SMS any more.
    It makes it easier because you can message your friends on ANY platform, including your pc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast