Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    It does NOT connect to the BBM service.

NO APP CURRENTLY OUT CONNECTS TO THE BBM NETWORK OUTSIDE OF A BLACKBERRY
    You're wrong.. I have seen it with my own eyes.. As I stated before 2 of my co-workers who have the Driod and Driod X both of them have a app called pmessenger.. They BBM with our other co workers who have blackberry's.. So I suggest you do the research..
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    You're wrong.. I have seen it with my own eyes.. As I stated before 2 of my co-workers who have the Driod and Driod X both of them have a app called pmessenger.. They BBM with our other co workers who have blackberry's.. So I suggest you do the research..
    From the pmessenger website FAQ. It seems this is a third party app not some sort of hack into BBM.

""Is pMessenger working with BBM ?

Unfortunately BBM (or BlackBerry Messenger) is a closed protocol protected by RIM. This is why a version of pMessenger exists on BlackBerry. (Currently on BETA TEST)""
    Impossible. What BBM uses blackberry pin# (each device has a unique pin). and BBM works of blackberrys propietary servers, and not your carriers. (when i had a nextel blackberry i would use bbm for other blackberry users instead of regualr text message, since iden is notorious texting problems, and bbm worked perfectly.)

How would a non-blackberry phone use the blackberry servers, and what pin would you use?
    Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    From the pmessenger website FAQ. It seems this is a third party app not some sort of hack into BBM.

""Is pMessenger working with BBM ?

Unfortunately BBM (or BlackBerry Messenger) is a closed protocol protected by RIM. This is why a version of pMessenger exists on BlackBerry. (Currently on BETA TEST)""
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Impossible. What BBM uses blackberry pin# (each device has a unique pin). and BBM works of blackberrys propietary servers, and not your carriers. (when i had a nextel blackberry i would use bbm for other blackberry users instead of regualr text message, since iden is notorious texting problems, and bbm worked perfectly.)

How would a non-blackberry phone use the blackberry servers, and what pin would you use?
    Thank you.

Seriously, i wouldn't use that size font if i wasn't 100% correct about something. Your co-workers probably had the pMessenger app on their blackberry's as well.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    LMAO. FAQ clearly states that its not working. I guess your friends have a "special version" of the app
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    hahah sorry but thats the best way to get the point across since a lot of people seemed confused.
    Just joshing I understand. The thread was going around in circles.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12