1.    #1  
    I was using my video feature just fine to take videos. A day or two ago, I installed the patch that adds the flashlight option to the video recorder.

Then today, when I tried to take video, again, it wouldn't work. Everytime I tried to click to record, it would just act like the camera app and take a pic, but not stay on to record.

Usually, when something goes wrong with my phone, I try to troubleshoot and think of what I have done that may have an effect on that operation/function.

This one was pretty easy, since that's the only video patch I had ever installed that affect the video recorder, so I figured I'd remove it and go from there.

Sure enough, after removing that patch and restarting Luna, it's working just fine, again.

I've read a few other posts on here about various problems occurring, after people had installed video or camera patches, so I just wanted to post this to let people know that they may want to check the patches they have installed first, before resorting to a full doctor of their phone.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! All good for me, as long as I was able to get it working, again!

We just have a lot of people here that panic first and think later and they need to stop doing that so much.
    Did you attempt to try and install the patch a second time? I've had to do that with a patch before.

As for the patch in particular, I've had no problem with it. I hope you get it working because it's the best patch to have at around 2am in the middle of nowhere.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    Did you attempt to try and install the patch a second time? I've had to do that with a patch before.

As for the patch in particular, I've had no problem with it. I hope you get it working because it's the best patch to have at around 2am in the middle of nowhere.
    Somehow, I can't really see myself running around trying to take a lot of videos in the middle of the night, so I am really not too worried about it!
  6.    #6  
    And if you're referring to just being able to use it as a flashlight, there is a completely separate patch for that, that doesn't touch the camcorder feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And if you're referring to just being able to use it as a flashlight, there is a completely separate patch for that, that doesn't touch the camcorder feature.
    I'm well aware, and I use it for both. Although the LED isn't powerful enough for the camcorder when it's extremely dark and the subject is more than 7ft or 8ft away. I've taken video with mixed results.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness