Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I finally doctored my phone last night. It has not gone very well as far as patches and save package data.

Here in this thread, I hope to learn what I did wrong and how to get my patches back, if I can., without doing so one at a time.

I documented the process very well, if I can learn what went wrong, I hope to correct my mistakes then publish these steps here.

I hope someone can help.

I believed I did all the right things before hand, updated saved package list, etc. And I moved nearly my entire Pre drive to my desktop, so I should have files available on my computer if I have messed something up on my Pre.

I am back in my Pre with FTP, so I have complete access to it to do what I want/need.

Where do I find the saved package information on my Pre? From there if hte right stuff is no longer there, I can likely find it on my PC.

Attached to this post if the list of patches I once had from /internal/.developer on my Pre, seems complete.

Also attached is a picture of the /internal/saverestore folder

If there is some additional information you need, please let me know, and thank you in advance for any assistance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I believe if you had backup and restore active on the phone, then you'd be able to recover your patches. I believe you have no choice, but to get them back manually. That patch in preware that is suppose to bring back patches after doing a doc...doesnt work.
    Are your patches showing as installed in preware?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I believe if you had backup and restore active on the phone, then you'd be able to recover your patches. I believe you have no choice, but to get them back manually. That patch in preware that is suppose to bring back patches after doing a doc...doesnt work.
    Do you mean the Pre Backup Utility?

I had it up, made a new back up earlier in the day.

@Eric, no, sadly, they are not.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s