1.    #1  
    Preload More Photos (Photos)
    Preware Status: Available

Increases the number of photos the Photos app preloads from 30 to 999. You can scroll in the thumbnail view more than before and your photos will already be loaded. No more (or a lot less) blank thumbnails!

Enjoy, and please report success or issues and which patch is preferred to submit to preware.
    Tested on Sprint Pre running 1.4.1.1

Preload More Photos.patch - loads 36 photos initially instead of 15, has a second delay when choosing an Album because of it.
    Preload More Photos_alt.patch - loads 24 initially instead of 15, but loads just as fast..I think I'm liking this version.

Note: Photos still need time to load - this is by no means a caching of photos which would be great for Palm to implement since it's been a feature since the Treo days.

Update 7/29: available in preware using the alt patch below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by opacityzero; 07/29/2010 at 09:04 PM.
    Can you explain how the patch increases the number of photos the Photos app preloads?
  3.    #3  
    The Photos app currently loads 15 photos at launch, and preloads another 30. The patch increases the initial load to 36 photos, and preloads up to 999 photos.

And now the magic is spoiled

Before the patch, two flicks down and you're already seeing blank thumbnails..after patch, you'll need a few flicks down...of course, depending on how many photos you have and whether you gave the app some time to load them all. And if anyone is wondering why not just make the initial launch from 36 to 999 too, you'll have to wait a bit then for the album to load which doesn't feel right and makes the experience feel sluggish. So I think the numbers I'm using is a good compromise of speed and achieving the objective of not having to see my photos load after every few flicks down.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 07/24/2010 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    The Photos app currently loads 15 photos at launch, and preloads another 30. The patch increases the initial load to 36 photos, and preloads up to 999 photos.

And now the magic is spoiled

Before the patch, two flicks down and you're already seeing blank thumbnails..after patch, you'll need a few flicks down...of course, depending on how many photos you have and whether you gave the app some time to load them all.
    Why would it be so limited in the first place? Is this going to cause an issue with the Photos app at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Why would it be so limited in the first place? Is this going to cause an issue with the Photos app at all?
    Couldn't agree more! In fact, within Palm's code they have a comment saying:
    optimized for 99 photos.

My patch is 'optimized' for those with more than 99 photos

Nice patch had a couple of problems installing at first but it is all good now.
    what were the problem you had ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I guess it worked fine haha. I noticed when I opened Photos it lagged a little. Is there any way to pre buffer all the images so when they're full screen they don't have to render?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  9.    #9  
    I guess it worked fine haha. I noticed when I opened Photos it lagged a little.
    I'm running my Pre with the 800mhz kernel so for me it was only a second longer - but agree, still noticeable.

Try the new patch above, it initially loads 24 photos instead of 30 (but still better than 15 by default), but opens the selected Album with only a split-second longer that normal.

Is there any way to pre buffer all the images so when they're full screen they don't have to render?
    I'll check if that's possible..
    Last edited by opacityzero; 07/24/2010 at 08:11 PM.