1.    #1  
    I really really need this patch:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lume-keys.html

I will pay $20 to the first dev that gets this on preware.

What I really want is for either volume button to behave like the power button when the screen is off (ie show the unlock screen). I'd also like the volume button to behave like the power button when the phone is off (ie start the phone - not sure if this is possible but i'm not sure how I would turn my phone on if it ever went off - I have no power button)

PS. I am on 1.4.5

Thanks,

Mike
    Last edited by mike1976; 07/23/2010 at 02:09 AM.
    how would you turn your volume up and down....
    Could always make an on screen volume control
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    how would you turn your volume up and down....

This is only to bring the screen alive (to the unlock screen) as per what the power button does - the volumes buttons don't do anything when the screen is off. The volume buttons should function normally when the screen is on (i have an app in my quick launch bar that turns the screen off)
    20 dollar LMAO!
    Might want to make it a lot higher.
    install the app 'screen off' to turn off.
    if you want the screen to turn on just open the slider..im sure you knew that
    this thread seems like kind of an insult.
    Yeah 20 bucks? What a joke.

And there are certain hardware limitations with the buttons. Since the volume buttons are active when the phone is off it might be possible, but I fail to see the point when the power button is right there.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Yeah 20 bucks? What a joke.

And there are certain hardware limitations with the buttons. Since the volume buttons are active when the phone is off it might be possible, but I fail to see the point when the power button is right there.
    What if the power button is gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    What if the power button is gone?
    Use the 20 bucks to get a new one put on. Sprint fixed mine for free.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I would rather use the center button to turn the power on since it's right below the unlock slider. $10 to anyone who can do this.
    I don't think we have access to the volume buttons (or the center button)...
  13.    #13  
    my power button is missing - and lots of people have issues with theirs.
    I know there is no access to the center button but i'm assuming there is to the volume button as there is a patch that takes pictures in the camera app using the volume button.

To all the people saying $20 is a joke, why don't you go and post on all the hundreds of other patch request threads and "0$ what an insult/joke" ????
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Use the 20 bucks to get a new one put on. Sprint fixed mine for free.
    02 dont have repair shops and palm have quoted me 130 ($200) to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1976 View Post
    my power button is missing - and lots of people have issues with theirs.
    I know there is no access to the center button but i'm assuming there is to the volume button as there is a patch that takes pictures in the camera app using the volume button.

To all the people saying $20 is a joke, why don't you go and post on all the hundreds of other patch request threads and "0$ what an insult/joke" ????
    The difference is those patches are useful for many people. This one, not so much.

You can always slide open the Pre to turn it on.

Using the volume keys as power buttons is more likely to be possible because the volume buttons are active when the screen is powered off. The center button is not so that's probably why that patch hasn't gotten anywhere.
  16.    #16  
    "The difference is those patches are useful for many people. This one, not so much."

There are still lots of people who have issues with the power button. You'll notice it wasnt even me who raised the original patch request. I think it would be useful to a fair number of people