Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just for kicks I installed the sr71 kernel on my palm pixi. Govnah said it was still at 600ghz so i decided to delete govnah and see what happens. While govnah cant prove it, my pixi is just as fast as my friend's pre with the sr71 kernel. For everyone curious out there it is possible to overclock your pixi just dont install govnah. If anyone is skeptical I will be glad to post a video.
    I don't know about you guys but 800ghz would be okay by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    i thought the kernals for the pixi dont overclock, and only add compache.
    Lol you are nutz. Video or it didn't happen.
    video proof wanted
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gids345 View Post
    While govnah cant prove it, my pixi is just as fast as my friend's pre with the sr71 kernel. For everyone curious out there it is possible to overclock your pixi just dont install govnah.
    ...wait, what?
    Gids345, what is imaginationland like? is just like in southpark?
    What you're saying doesn't make sense to me because the Unixpsycho's kernel is written to change operating point on the TI OMAP 3430, the overclocking elements being ported from the very similar TI OMAP 3440. However, the Pixi uses the different Qualcomm MSM7627. Not only is it a different chipset, its a different ARM Soc being ARMv6, whereas the OMAP is ARMv7.... now, I'm no electrical engineer or chipset architec, but I don't see how loading a kernel for the one chip would do anything for your phone other than possibly make it non-functional.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I want the one with the bigger GB's.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I don't know about you guys but 800ghz would be okay by me.
    We give you guys 600 Gigahertz and you aren't satisfied
    I can get my pixi to run at 800GHz but under very limited conditions - very low humidity and zero deg K.

Cheers, Steve
  12.    #12  
    Ill post a comparison video tm of my pixi next to a 1.2ghz pre
  13.    #13  
    I agree but my pixi is definitely much faster than without the sr71 kernel
    Just for kicks I installed the sr71 kernel on my palm pixi. Govnah said it was still at 600ghz so i decided to delete govnah and see what happens. While govnah cant prove it, my pixi is just as fast as my friend's pre with the sr71 kernel. For everyone curious out there it is possible to overclock your pixi just dont install govnah. If anyone is skeptical I will be glad to post a video.
    I don't think this is possible. First of all, how did you get Preware to install the kernal? It should only display for the Pre.
  15.    #15  
    First I put in the url into the feed and it showed up in preware. Then I uninstalled uberkernel and installed the sr71 kernel. And once I uninstalled govnah the effects were immediate
    First I put in the url into the feed and it showed up in preware. Then I uninstalled uberkernel and installed the sr71 kernel. And once I uninstalled govnah the effects were immediate
    I don't see a Pixi SR71 kernal in any of the feeds, they are all for the Pre. I'd recommend uninstalling it until we hear from a WebOS Internals member. Something doesn't seem right...
    Sorry but time for some reality.
    Go into commandline, put the pixi's screen on and type the command: cat /proc/cpuinfo

Edit: Could you copy and paste all of the results from this command.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't see a Pixi SR71 kernal in any of the feeds, they are all for the Pre. I'd recommend uninstalling it until we hear from a WebOS Internals member. Something doesn't seem right...
    I used the pre one and once i make the video I will uninstall it thanks for the advice
    Maybe this is just Gids345 way of getting his first 10 posts !
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Maybe this is just Gids345 way of getting his first 10 posts !
    Quite possible lol. At least it's a creative way instead of spamming old threads like some people do.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast