1.    #1  
    I haven't been able to get the vkb to work at all. I followed the directions here to install it. Got nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. Then I installed preware and installed the vkb that way, and still nothing.

"Device Management" in Quick Install shows both the vkb patch and the vkb default themes and configuration as being installed on my pre plus, but they don't show up under "Device Info" on the phone.

Any ideas?
    Have you followed the instructions to use it?, maybe it is installed.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    i had a similar issue i was able to pull the vkb files off using wosqi in device management and then reinstall with preware
    you also should go into usb mode and make sure that all virtual keyboard files are gone as well
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Have you followed the instructions to use it?, maybe it is installed.
    I tried using it in a text input area (sms) and I double tapped the gesture area to bring it up. I also tried tapping the gesture area with two fingers separated. If you're referring to other use instructions, let me know.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i had a similar issue i was able to pull the vkb files off using wosqi in device management and then reinstall with preware
    you also should go into usb mode and make sure that all virtual keyboard files are gone as well
    I'll give this a try and see what happens. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanhdd View Post
    I tried using it in a text input area (sms) and I double tapped the gesture area to bring it up. I also tried tapping the gesture area with two fingers separated. If you're referring to other use instructions, let me know.
    No that's what I meant. Just double checking.

You should be able to find some answers here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ancements.html
    Last edited by vza33; 07/21/2010 at 04:14 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  7.    #7  
    Ok. It didn't work. I uninstalled or deleted all vkb files and then reinstalled it via preware, and still nothing. I've checked out the thread that you suggest, vza33, and didn't find any fixes there either. Any other ideas?

Thanks.