Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    now the patches i installed dont show up...what do i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by fayho View Post
    Well, it's a FAT filesystem, so recovery is possible if you didn't overwrite those sectors with other data. Otherwise, you may have to doctor. Actually, the first time you ran preware, after making the mistake, it probably re-wrote the file so you may be screwed, so you may not be able to recover anyway.

Oh,
    and don't do that again :-)
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by fayho View Post
    Run emergency patch installer from Preware, I think this should do the trick.
    I've never had this happen, but I thought Emergency Reconstruction Utility was designed to reconstruct the ipkg status file. I could be wrong, it's happened before
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    yea wont do that again lol.... epr didnt work.... i dont wanna doctor, this seems like a real stupid reason to go through that
    EPR is designed to attempt to remove all patches. If you ran that, I hope you were using Save/Restore along with Preware.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    nope i sure as ***** wasnt lol , boy o boy smh
    Seems the best solution is EPR, and then just re-install your patches. A bit less drastic than a doctor :-). I had forgotten about EPR in my original post.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    thats wierd...i ran it but all my patches still remain