Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I've been using Maps for directions recently, it's free and works pretty well for me.

If I don't keep touching the screen or change the screen-off timer in the screen setting, I temporarily loose my GPS fix and have to wait for it to update.

A patch that simply doesn't let the screen turn off while Maps is the active card would be great.
    there is the app nodoze for such
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Can you tell me more about it? How it would work for me?
    There's a patch in Preware called 'More Standby Times' which patches the 'Screen & Lock' app. I set mine to "Never" and turn it off myself when necessary.

In my opinion this is a little easier or more efficient way rather than opening and closing apps.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 07/20/2010 at 12:33 PM.
    i dont know that patch. I use nodoze in preware. Just start the app. You than can enable "dont sleep" and "screen alway on". If you dont need this function, just close the app. No background processes when closed. I like it.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    There's a patch in Preware called 'More Standby Times' which patches the 'Screen & Lock' app. I set mine to "Never" and turn it off myself when necessary.

In my opinion this is a little easier or more efficient way rather than opening and closing apps.
    I also have that patch, but was hoping for a more quick way of disabling the screen timer, specifically when using Maps.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    bump
    Mode Switcher can easily be set with an application trigger to keep the screen on when Google Maps is on
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Mode Switcher can easily be set with an application trigger to keep the screen on when Google Maps is on
    I still have to get my feet wet with mode switcher. This is a good solution, but it would be nice if Google Maps had a preference panel with screen off time choices including never. Trapster leaves the screen on, why cant Google Maps?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Mind desribing how easy? I just installed the app and not quite sure where to start
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Mind desribing how easy? I just installed the app and not quite sure where to start
    You'll have to set it up as a mode, the screen will not go off and the trigger would be your launching and using the maps application. You can then set it to end the mode and return to normal operation when you close the maps app.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Yep. Create a mode with settings of Always On while on charger, and turn off after 5 minutes or so.

Then create an application trigger using Google Maps. Anytime GMaps is in the foreground, the screen will stay on.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I don't have an option for keeping the screen from turnng off, just delay 30 second to 5 min.

Also, I cant install the launch MS on boot
    At the top of the "Settings" page is the Charger setting with 3 options: Always On, Turn Off, and Lock Screen. It's not a part of the "Screen" settings.

If you're having errors installing launch MS on boot, you probably have "Launch Brightness Unlinked on Boot" installed. This needs to be removed first. I suggest using the "Inverted Keyboard Brightness" patch to replace Brightness Unlinked, it works much better and does not require an app to function.