1.    #1  
    Is there a way to selectively turn off text messages like you can your online gchat or google talk status via patch or application? I would like to stop receiving text messages by person or everyone and have it send an auto-response message telling that person "blank diddy blank"... or whatever i want it to say. i.e. i am not accepting text messages this day or week.

I cant stand the fact that i cant block per person or phone number calls/texts with Sprint. I do not know how to code. therefore I am more than willing to pay $5 for a patch or app that could accomplish this as I am sure many others would be as well if there is not a free one that already exists.

all on point answers are thanked in advance.
    then don't answer. Simple as that. Put ur phone in air plane mode and turn it off when you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    Is there a way to selectively turn off text messages like you can your online gchat or google talk status via patch or application? I would like to stop receiving text messages by person or everyone and have it send an auto-response message telling that person "blank diddy blank"... or whatever i want it to say. i.e. i am not accepting text messages this day or week.

I cant stand the fact that i cant block per person or phone number calls/texts with Sprint. I do not know how to code. therefore I am more than willing to pay $5 for a patch or app that could accomplish this as I am sure many others would be as well if there is not a free one that already exists.

all on point answers are thanked in advance.
    I dont think it could be a patch... would almost surely need to be an app that ran on your dashboard with an event hook looking for specific incoming numbers... or just all incoming. Problem is... I dont know that you can differentiate texts from im in the messenger app... havent taken a hardcore look at it myself. So if it fielded everything, it might field text and im.

Have you tried doing a search on this? Something might already exist... but I dont have any need for this, so I havent looked into it at all.
    If you log-in to your Sprint account online and go to the text message page, there is an option to block texts by phone number. It doesn't let you send a message, but you can block specific numbers.

That's how I avoid putting up with most of my psycho family!
    Oh right... I forgot about that. Even better...

Psycho family? I can understand that very well... but im still pretty young and all my family is now gone. They might have been annoying when they were around from time to time... but now that Im alone I regret not having been closer.

Is that a corset in your pic?
    Mine go beyond annoying, trust me. I only stay in touch with my dad and my son, who are both on the opposite side of the country from me. (Son did not want to leave his school and friends when his dad and I split to get divorced.)

And yes, it's a corset top! Don't think they'd approve if I posted pics in my real ones! LOL
    Last edited by verwon; 07/20/2010 at 02:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Mine go beyond annoying, trust me. I only stay in touch with my dad and my son, who are both on the opposite side of the country from me. (Son did not want to leave his school and friends when his dad and I split to get divorced.)

And yes, it's a corset top! Don't think they'd approve if I posted pics in my real ones! LOL
    Are you talking "real corset" as in boning and proper fitting? Jeez... I need to stop asking questions.

Understandable about the kid... we moved around a lot when I was young and I missed out on the chance to have childhood friendships and such.

Back on topic... when you use the sprint service to block texts... does is affect phone calls in any way as well? And does it return anything to the person being blocked? Telling them the txt couldnt be delivered... or some such?
    On the Sprint blocking, it doesn't affect phone calls, just text. I had to install one of the call block patches for that, there are several in Preware.

They get a delivery failure, some people are aware of the error codes and will know they have been blocked. It is, however, easy to change who is and isn't blocked, at any time, but just logging into your Sprint account and adding or deleting a number.

And yes, I have several of the REAL corsets! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    On the Sprint blocking, it doesn't affect phone calls, just text. I had to install one of the call block patches for that, there are several in Preware.

They get a delivery failure, some people are aware of the error codes and will know they have been blocked. It is, however, easy to change who is and isn't blocked, at any time, but just logging into your Sprint account and adding or deleting a number.

And yes, I have several of the REAL corsets! LOL!
    You do realize those call block patches still allow the call to ring through right? The person on the other end experiences a ring that lasts the full duration as if you were simply away from your phone and unable to answer. The way they work is simply to stop the event hook that causes the phone to ring on your end... in effect... the call is still coming in, but the phone no longer reacts to it.

I figured that would be the case... delivery failure that is. I may just have to write an app to block text myself...

Are you in the SCA by any chance? I would ask about a few other reasons for a woman to have a corset that I would be familar with... but that would be a bit forward. Last question... honest.
    I don't care how the call block works, just so I don't have to put up with weirdos if they somehow get my number. They can listen to it ring all day, won't be bothering me any. They're the ones that have to listen to it.

ROFL! I don't even know what the SCA is, never heard of it, so I guess that answer is obvious.

Is it not acceptable for a woman to just like something sexy and actually wear it? I have rebelled at such silly conventionalities. I now wear what I like and think looks good and could care less if someone doesn't like it or doesn't approve.

I figure if I still look this good, at my age, I've earned the right! LOL!

I've even got one on facebook with my bikini top on!

And for now, I actually was intending to go to bed about 2 hours ago and still haven't made it. In the same time zone as you, not too far away from your location, actually, so you know how late it is and I have to get some work done tomorrow.

Chat later! Night!
    Ah... well actually. I asked because I have a great liking for corsets and was trying not to be overly forward about it. You know... trying not to be creepy and all. Real corsets are a bit of a rarity.

Yep... its after 1am... and I have to be to work at 6... like every night Ill go to bed at three... sleep for an hour and half and head into work. The military worked my need for sleep right out of me I guess.

Sleep well.
    Well, some of us women still like the way they look, too. Didn't think you were creepy or overly forward at all. It takes much more than that to bother me, my cage doesn't rattle easily.

I have one that uses plastic for the stays/boning and tend not to like it as much, it doesn't hold up well. The only ones I've found that provide a good alternative use steel.

At 81, after his years in the Korean War and WW2, my dad still sleeps like that, so I understand.

Night and sleep well when you get there!
    Well, some of us women still like the way they look, too. Didn't think you were creepy or overly forward at all. It takes much more than that to bother me, my cage doesn't rattle easily.

I have one that uses plastic for the stays/boning and tend not to like it as much, it doesn't hold up well. The only ones I've found that provide a good alternative use steel.

At 81, after his years in the Korean War and WW2, my dad still sleeps like that, so I understand.

Night and sleep well when you get there!
  14.    #14  
    Thanks guys for the insight and the tip about sprint.com. however, that is not the functionality for which I am looking. It would be tedious and time consuming to keep entering and deleting individual phone numbers. I am looking for a patch or app that will turn it off at a moments notice and turn it back on at a scheduled time or whenever I want manually.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Try Text Manager. It lets you customize sounds for SMS, including no sound for any, including unknown users.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    If you would like to ignore text messages, it seems to me that you could do the following
    (or someone could write a patch to do this)

1) turn off "Show Notifications" in Messaging app.
    2) Change the Messaging App alert to mute (not sure if this requires installation of the SMS Tone per Contact patch, but that's what I have installed).
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)