Page 78 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3403
Like Tree2Likes
    Thank you Mannyman my good sir. You rock!

I owe ya one
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Reporting back some findings and results.

Good morning,

i successfully installed all the (NEW patches) from page 1 excluding filepacker and some from the list above (NEW patches). Those two were email and deviceinfo. The rest were messaging, contacts, phone, and music (NEW patches)

Result: All working perfectly except for two.

---Here are my failures---

I read a couple of pages back near the beginning where it was mentioned by you Warlord, that if "someone installed the first one, they don't have to install the NEW one" one=being patch. NOt sure if I quite grasp what you refer to thre, or if i have confused it with something else. All of the NEW patches work wonderfully.

I installed the email and deviceinfo patch from the list above "NEW patches" and both did not work for me. in deviceinfo the background is just black for my GIF which it is, but the animation does not play, and for the email patch; the background is all white with white fonts, same result as Mannyman had mentioned in the link to download the patch.

---Temps and battery drain with f105 Thunderchief set to 1005ghz---

I opened messaging, phone, and lastly contacts. Upon opening contacts my contacts did not show. I closed all the cards then opened contacts first and my contacts all appeared again. I noticed some lag after having the three opened in cards while I opened Govnah to check my temps scrolling through quick launcher was very laggy, about half the normal speed. Upon opening Govnah, it took more than the usual 2 rapid pulses o open and everything read NA exceopt for the tempereature which popped up reading 49c yet the phone was not hot. I closed Govnah then reopened it and this time it took 10+ rapid pulses before opening to yet again all NA except this time the profile name and temperature which was still reading high temps yet my phone wasn't hot. I closed Govnah and I left the three (messaging,contacts,phone) open in cards for about 10 minutes, and my battery was not draining through the entire test. It was at 88% Only until I closed all the cards and waited for the screen to sleep; I then checked the battery and it read 84%.

Is this common with more than 2 cards to happen, even with the Nuclear power of Thunderchief?

That there ladies and gentlemen of precentral was my experience thus far post install.

What I am going to try is a battery pull and see if there is any difference.

ADD: I did a proper Luna each installation of every step pertaining to the patches, dragging and dropping the GIF wallpapers, and including the .wallpaper GIF

I think now I can go to sleep lol I couldn't for the life of me let this one go until tomorrow. I was on a roll, experimenting with different looks to the theme and icons. I'm happy I did. I LOVE my Pre 10 fold now after this

Major props to Warlord and everyone involved throughout the thread.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    what I believe is happening is this . When animations are running your using ram memory up and with e or more ani. cards open you always actually have an extra card open. The launcher animated patch renders continuiously and that's is where the main issue is . I don't use the launcher because of this and my phone works fine as long as I don't open 2 or 3 animated cards at the same time. Hope this helps. This would also cause battery drainage due to the procssor working over time.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I seen a post on how to remove that patch.
    You copy and past a line in wosqi, hit enter and done.
    now, I have tried this with no luck. People say it works.
    you can try it.
    I'll look for that post.
    did you ever find that command line ?n
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    geeez -- had to work from 6am till 8 pm yesterday -- side work is a bear sometimes -- now i am going to have to work over time to get caught up here--
    i know this is a little different than this thread but does any one know how to change the device menu -- top bar drop down menus -- i would love to have them black with white letters or at least something different then boring grey
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    geeez -- had to work from 6am till 8 pm yesterday -- side work is a bear sometimes -- now i am going to have to work over time to get caught up here--
    i know this is a little different than this thread but does any one know how to change the device menu -- top bar drop down menus -- i would love to have them black with white letters or at least something different then boring grey
    I took the images from either garrett92c or errades glass effect and put the image in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/system-meun-background.png and i have glass type background for system menus
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ect-suite.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I took the images from either garrett92c or errades glass effect and put the image in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/system-meun-background.png and i have glass type background for system menus
    typo? -- meun lol
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    i get error #5 when i try to install to this location -- is there a space or something that i am missing? this is what i typed

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/system-menu-background.png

also i just made a transparent image 700 x 320 and named it menu-background.png that i am trying to insert

thanks in advance
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  9.    #1549  
    338 after sub
    Sorry. was on my pre and did not see the hole line

Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i get error #5 when i try to install to this location -- is there a space or something that i am missing? this is what i typed

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/system-menu-background.png

also i just made a transparent image 700 x 320 and named it menu-background.png that i am trying to insert

thanks in advance
  10.    #1550  
    send it to
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/
    copy n past line above
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

11.    #1551  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    ok here u go.

It's on now

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    It's on now
    This one is better.

Blame RoLLEmUp....
    On my way to work, ttyl.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  13.    #1553  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    did you ever find that command line ?n
    That patch only touches the .css file

14.    #1554  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I really like the theme from your Video0012 you tube video.
    Could you tell me which theme that is please?

black gray Palm Pre Theme @ PreThemer

screen shot == how do i do this
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  16.    #1556  
    preware themes (prethemer)

17.    #1557  
    Screen shots are broken on prethemer's site

hey -- i don't know how to insert pics -- so i attached a few -- just wanted to show off some of the how i have made my pre look ---

thanks to every one in this thread and to garret for his top bar mod tool -- love these patches

thanks
    again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  19.    #1559  
    Just to let you know. Some of the images are in the 338 folder.
    When/if 1.4.5 comes, I'll need to fix that theme.
    It will get fixed when 1.4.5 can be downloaded.

this is the gif i am using as my avatar -- if any one cares -- if you are like my wife and couldn't care less then i am sorry for taking your time -- i am an addict and cannot help my self -- thanks to all you for feeding my addiction -- i will try to make sure my wife doesn't find out where you live
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+