Page 26 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Nope.
    Plus address book names are in white on top of a very light background....
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/20/2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: almost forgot sms address book...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  2.    #502  
    I'll look in to this later. I've got to go to bed k
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Thanks.
    Goodnight everyone.
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Ok, last thing tonight.
    email compose scene:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what about the launcher patch ? are you going to redo that patch as well ? i had to take it off my phone because it was causing my phone to be slow constantly ? i believe it was constantly rendering while the phone was on . not sure though ...
    I've experienced the same problem with the launcher patch. I've played around with different size animated gif's and no matter what size it slows down my pre. Even with SR71 installed running at 1.2ghz. Interestingly, I haven't noticed a change in launcher memory consumption or cpu consumption so I'm not sure why it's causing performance issues.
    I've been trying to read through the whole thread but it gets kind of ridiculous after a while. This is a pretty awesome feature, but I was thinking that it was the actual wallpaper not the launcher wallpaper. Is there anyway (like I said, I didn't get all the way through the thread and a lot of skimming) to get this as our regular/main wallpaper?
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    If you downloaded my Zip file.
    One of the images was corrupt.
    Please remove the Clock Gif as it will lock up your phone.
    Sorry about this. A new clock image is on it's way.
    If i remember correctly there were 2 "clock gears" images in the zip file that i downloaded. One with the gears in the bottom right hand corner (which is the one i am using at the moment with no problems) and another one where the gears are a little larger. Which one is it that you guys are referring to as being "corrupted"? Like i say, the one i am using seems to be working fine?
    Last edited by jayjam99; 07/20/2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I've been trying to read through the whole thread but it gets kind of ridiculous after a while. This is a pretty awesome feature, but I was thinking that it was the actual wallpaper not the launcher wallpaper. Is there anyway (like I said, I didn't get all the way through the thread and a lot of skimming) to get this as our regular/main wallpaper?
    Unfortunately, the home screen wallpaper cannot be modified.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Unfortunately, the home screen wallpaper cannot be modified.
    Was there a reasoning behind why it couldn't be modified? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The system wallpaper cannot be manipulated via patch. The system wallpaper is controlled via LunaSysMgr and calls to a system service. I'm believe the system service will not accept gif files. However, the launcher's background is able to be set to gif because that is html/css/jsjsjs-$based$.
    per Jason
  11.    #511  
    just installed SR71 and I am back to the doctor.
    I'm going to give all this a rest for a day.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

I had to remove this patch, I do believe the SR71 kernel and this patch together were causing my temp problems. If I was clocked at anything above 800 mhz, my phone would idle around 45 C without the launcher up. When I brought the launcher up and let the animation run for a few seconds, it got as hot as 57 C. The animations do not work properly for me at 500 mhz, so I decided to remove them. They looked incredible, but I cannot afford to put my phone through that sort of punishment.

EDIT - Also, when the screen was off, it would cool down just fine, around 28 C is how low I let it go, but as soon as the CPU kicked back up, it didn't climb to 45C, it would just go there.
    Okay! Here's my latest oddity for when someone has time to help, no rush or anything, though.

I put the patch in my Pre, right after doing that my launcher background was clear. I then switched to USB mode and put my image in my phone.

When I clicked my launcher, it was fine, showed up perfectly.

Then, I did a Luna restart and am suddenly back to a clear launcher background.

Anyone have any idea why?
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Okay! Here's my latest oddity for when someone has time to help, no rush or anything, though.

I put the patch in my Pre, right after doing that my launcher background was clear. I then switched to USB mode and put my image in my phone.

When I clicked my launcher, it was fine, showed up perfectly.

Then, I did a Luna restart and am suddenly back to a clear launcher background.

Anyone have any idea why?
    Couple of ideas:

1) This is all a dream and you are sleep typing.

2) You may have accidentally taken the file out while in USB mode.

I was updating this patch so many times that i just ended up making 2 copies of the animated background (1 with .gif extension, 1 without) and put them in both places (dot).wallpapers and (dotless) wallpapers folders.

3) Maybe you need 1 more full reboot. Keeps me calm for 5 minutes while I go do something else before starting over step by step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Couple of ideas:

1) This is all a dream and you are sleep typing.

2) You may have accidentally taken the file out while in USB mode.

I was updating this patch so many times that i just ended up making 2 copies of the animated background (1 with .gif extension, 1 without) and put them in both places (dot).wallpapers and (dotless) wallpapers folders.

3) Maybe you need 1 more full reboot. Keeps me calm for 5 minutes while I go do something else before starting over step by step.

1) I wish! LOL! Would mean I don't have to get any work done, yet!

2) Double checked the file is still where I put it. And putting it in both places is exactly what I did, just in case.

3) Going to try this one and will post back!
    Nope, no luck with a full device restart!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Nope, no luck with a full device restart!
    Ok don't get mad at questions: Just throwing this out there.

Is the file named correctly?
    filename must = animatedbg

have you tried a different gif file just in case?
    I hear they can get corrupted.
    Definitely not going to get mad at questions, so don't worry.

Yes, it is named correctly, double checked that, too.

As to trying a different one, no, I didn't, yet.

Really have to go get some work done, so am going to have to take a break from trying this for a bit.

I'll try using a different one, later and then post back on whether or not it worked.
    double check that you have the coorect patch installed for the launcher there are so many in here now you could have downloaded the wrong one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    double check that you have the coorect patch installed for the launcher there are so many in here now you could have downloaded the wrong one.
    I downloaded the one he has in the very first post in this thread!