Page 150 of 171 FirstFirst ... 50100140145146147148149150151152153154155160 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3403
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #2981  
    Up to you but you need to remove them or edit the patches to look for gif image.
    Or you could remove them and install my patches
    Last edited by warlord9159; 09/25/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Awesome work, watched the video, and it worked first time. I did try to use Preware and install the patch that way( I assumed picking launcher would make the .gif file appear on my home screen, and didn't bother opening the launcher to see if it took effect) So I was wondering which patch would I need so that when I wake my phone up and unlock it, the animation appears?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Awesome work, watched the video, and it worked first time. I did try to use Preware and install the patch that way( I assumed picking launcher would make the .gif file appear on my home screen, and didn't bother opening the launcher to see if it took effect) So I was wondering which patch would I need so that when I wake my phone up and unlock it, the animation appears?
    Unfortunately, it is not possible to have a main home screen animated background. The closest thing to that is the animated launcher background patch, an animated ackground in the launcher page where you browse and seect your apps.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Ok that answers that question. If I install more than one of the patches, and the .gif file is supposed to be named "animatedbg" and put in the "wallpapers" folder, how does it know which .gif goes with a certain patch? Say I have launcher, phone dialer, and text message patches and I want 3 different .gifs, they are supposed to all be named "animatedbg" in the same folder(wallpapers)?

--ED-- figured out a little workaround, I just added a 9th page to my original 8...I know it'll totally kill the battery but whatever, hid the quick launch bar in the launcher....Got the blue flame skull with kitt's red light on the top ....I like it
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/27/2010 at 02:59 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #2985  
    Look on the first post and you will see I've got patches for just what you need. It's a bit down form the top k

New patches. Lets you use different gif images for each patch
    Remember to change the image name. Different for each patch.(Instruction in link).
    put the image in wallpapers folder on your pre
    install patch
    reboot pre

ok thanks warlord, I would have figured it out, but I haven't clicked on those links up until you mentioned something, I got the one (launcher) patch but that was the only one I tried. Thanks again, great work, can't wait to burn my battery up Glad I have a charger nearby most of the time
    Ok mental note to self and others: If you leave your page open in the forums in the morning, come home from work and reply to a message, it doesn't save and you have to type the damm thing all over again.<endrant>

Ok let's try this AGAIN:
    I tried to install the :mpremixbeta animated db.patch and got this ERROR message:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details

Here's a list of my installed patches:

add date dd-mmm-yy
    add option to send link message
    add space between snooze and dismiss
    advanced configuration for app launcher
    audio/video attachments
    auto enable and disable gps for maps
    battery percent and icon white red teal
    better quicker flicker
    close on hangups
    close slider to end calls
    create birthday events
    custom low-battery notification sounds
    device menu megamix
    enable hidden clock
    facebook chat spoof
    faster card animations hyper version
    hide musicplayer app
    match state to area code
    no auto-off while charging
    no missed call callback
    pdf redux
    reduce drag radius 8px
    reduce font size 12px
    show actual battery percent
    smiley faces in symbol box
    swipe to delete
    video camera flashlight

animated-phone-bg phone.patch
    launcher anim bg.patch
    messaging email notification anim2.patch
    tbbg.patch

So I don't really know where to go from there, I've installed 4 other animated patches without any problems, is there a limit on how many you can have at once, or are there people out there with all of them going with 0 problems?

I'm not sure how to get into that log properly so if someone can guide me in there I could probably pull then post whatever it says.

I am running PalmPre webOS 1.4.5 Bell Mobility Uberkernel 1.4.5-92 set at Screenstate 500/1000, if I missed anything let me know but I think that's usually what's requested for info.
  8.    #2988  
    Dan put out an update to his program and I have not updated the patch yet.
    this is why your getting this error.
    ok waiting patiently.....................................

is it done yet?

how 'bout now?

HOW ABOUT NOW????????

now?

done yet?

w
    a
    i
    t
    i
    n
    g

<sigh>
    Ok so I just tried the animated emoticons and now (for whatever reason) I have zero emoticons, I type :P and it looks like :P. I'm not sure what the emoticons transparent is for, I didn't see any instructions for it.
    So I:
    1. downloaded Animated Emoticons.zip and unzipped it
    2. got the Pre in USB mode
    3. dragged and dropped that folder to my main
    4. opened up internalz and moved that folder to /usr/palm(just highlight, not open)
    5. did NOT get any message about the file already existing and would I like it replaced
    6. installed emoticon-base-dictionary animated.patch
    7. phone automatically reset itself

so that's EXACTLY what I did, and now I don't even get the usual emoticons that used to show up.... ideas?
  11.    #2991  
    It should of stated that the file already exists and ask if you wish to replace it.
    If you did not get this message then it will not work. try again. k

The folder that you should drag must be named "emoticons" .

You can try to copy that folder to /usr/palm/ and see if that works for you.

ok just repeat the steps over even though something happened ie stock emoticons don't work now?
  13.    #2993  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    ok just repeat the steps over even though something happened ie stock emoticons don't work now?
    DId you reboot?

If you read my description again, it is very accurate as to what I did exactly. Step 7, I said it automatically rebooted. After trying to see if it worked or not, I did open up luna and tried another luna restart, again same effect. When I type ":P" on sms, and it goes through, now instead of the usual smiley, it's exactly ":P" so something changed for sure, just not sure what, that's why I asked.

Also you said:
    (Please note:
    When you move the Folder, Internalz will tell you that the file already exists and ask if you wish to replace it, you will have to select YES to this question!)
    --that didn't happen
    I've gotten 4 of your other patches to work first try so, I'm not sure why I can't get this one to work, I'm sure we'll work it out.
  15.    #2995  
    its got to be at the move of that folder.

It should of stated that the file already exists and ask if you wish to replace it.
    If you did not get this message then it will not work.

The folder that you should drag must be named "emoticons" .

You can try to copy that folder to /usr/palm/ and see if that works for you.
    It can't be this
    /usr/palm/emoticons/emoticons/
    Last edited by warlord9159; 09/28/2010 at 11:09 PM.

that's what it looks like I have according to internals:
    usr/palm/emoticons/
    all the .png files are there
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/14/2011 at 06:00 PM.
  17.    #2997  
    should be gifs

18.    #2998  
    What file did you download.
    give me a link if you can please

Yo Carl what's up.

Hey, I was wondering. Do you think that you could post up the animated synthesizers necessary for your animated music stream bar patch for animatedbg.gif?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  20.    #3000  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Yo Carl what's up.

Hey, I was wondering. Do you think that you could post up the animated synthesizers necessary for your animated music stream bar patch for animatedbg.gif?
    Just chillin' and killin'