Page 137 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 3403
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #2721  
    I'm testing now. Going to send it to Ver and have her help with testing on this one.
    it all goes well I'll post some info in a day or two.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Do you think that I should add my top-bar animated icons to the theme?
    The animated top bar was a pleasant surprise when i updated. Gr8 work!!!!!
    Well, the animated background patch installs with no errors now from preware, but I get nothing on the launcher background. Thought it was the Glass Effect patch that might be interfering as it alters the launcher background as well, so I uninstalled both patches, reset, reinstalled the animated patch, and no luck. Gif is in the right folder and named correctly. Could it be my theme? It too has a custom launcher background albeit just a transparent blue/black one. FYI I ran EPR and Doctored, twice. I might could do that again and make the patch the first one to install before others and theme, but this is getting tiresome. Might just stick with animated top bar - haven't reinstalled that one but it looked awesome when I had it before. Still open to suggestions though.

UPDATE: Decided out of the blue to run the patch from Internalz, and it works! Didn't have to remove my theme or any other patch aside from what I mentioned above. Worth a shot for anyone else having problems. FYI Warlord, from the Preware feed, the patch description says to rename to animatedbg but with my experience, and others if I remember correctly, it needs the .gif extension to work. Maybe some will have better luck installing from there than I did. Also just installed the top bar animated background patch (from WOSQI) and it's working too. I am happy now.
    Last edited by zeigan; 08/22/2010 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I'm testing now. Going to send it to Ver and have her help with testing on this one.
    it all goes well I'll post some info in a day or two.
    LOL! I have demanded my right to test this one, it sounds very cool and I'm a brat!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by zeigan View Post
    Well, the animated background patch installs with no errors now from preware, but I get nothing on the launcher background. Thought it was the Glass Effect patch that might be interfering as it alters the launcher background as well, so I uninstalled both patches, reset, reinstalled the animated patch, and no luck. Gif is in the right folder and named correctly. Could it be my theme? It too has a custom launcher background albeit just a transparent blue/black one. FYI I ran EPR and Doctored, twice. I might could do that again and make the patch the first one to install before others and theme, but this is getting tiresome. Might just stick with animated top bar - haven't reinstalled that one but it looked awesome when I had it before. Still open to suggestions though.

UPDATE: Decided out of the blue to run the patch from Internalz, and it works! Didn't have to remove my theme or any other patch aside from what I mentioned above. Worth a shot for anyone else having problems. FYI Warlord, from the Preware feed, the patch description says to rename to animatedbg but with my experience, and others if I remember correctly, it needs the .gif extension to work. Maybe some will have better luck installing from there than I did. Also just installed the top bar animated background patch (from WOSQI) and it's working too. I am happy now.
    Glad you got it working. Yes, it needs the gif extension to work. I keep trying to tell everyone this, they all seem to miss it. If you read the posts, there is nowhere that QuickDraw (AKA Warlord) tells you to remove the extension, he just tells you what to name it.

And no, other backgrounds shouldn't affect the patch, my theme comes with one, too. I just installed the animated launcher patch, with the special gif Warlord found for me and use it, instead. I hate the one that comes with my theme.
    I can now confirm, QuickDraw has created another awesome patch! I love it!
  7.    #2727  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I can now confirm, QuickDraw has created another awesome patch! I love it!
    ty
    everyone get your spare battery ready and put your phone on charge.
    You will have some fun tonight.
    I'll try to post this later if all goes as planed k about midnight eastern time.

Please remember that all animated patches use more battery life.

Very welcome! I can't wait until others try this one out, it's very cool!

And yes, the animations use more battery life, please don't come back complaining about it afterwards, this got old after the first person did it!

Personally, for this one, I saw a little more battery drain, but not significant enough to make it a pain to use, however YMMV!
  9.    #2729  
    emoticon-cool.gif Animated Emoticons Instructions: emoticon-silly.gif

messaging_2010-22-08_233948.pngmessaging_2010-22-08_233951.pngmessaging_2010-22-08_234015.pngmessaging_2010-22-08_234022.png
    To install this file, you will need these vital components: Your computer, your Palm Pre with USB and Internalz (obtainable from Preware).

emoticon-confused.gif

Step 1:
    Download and save the Animated Emoticons file to your desktop.
    Step 2:
    Open the "Animated Emoticons" folder.

Step 3:
    Hook your Pre up to your desktop in USB mode.

Step 4:
    Drag and drop the "emoticons" folder into the internal memory of your Pre. The main folder is fine, but wherever you place it, remember where you drop it.

Step 5:
    Go to the location where you dragged the Folder. Using Internalz , move the "emoticons" folder to
    /usr/palm/
    Do not open Palm folder. just highlight and hit Select
    This will not overwrite any images.

(Please note:
    When you move the Folder, Internalz will tell you that the file already exists and ask if you wish to replace it, you will have to select YES to this question!)

Step 6:
    Install "emoticon-base-dictionary animated.patch"
    You're done, now please do a Luna restart to ensure the patch will work. Test it out via SMS and have fun!!

Backup files are included in the backup folder in the zip file if needed

Thanks to Verwon For all her help emoticon-bow.gif
    Last edited by warlord9159; 08/23/2010 at 06:57 PM.

And thank you, QuickDraw, it was fun to help with this one, it's great!
  11.    #2731  
    &gt;
    &gt;:-o
    &gt;:O
    &gt;:-O
    &gt;
    &gt;:-(
    :angry
    :mad

o_O
    :confused

8)
    8-)
    B)
    B-)
    :cool

:'(
    ='(
    :cry

:[
    :-[
    =[
    =-[
    :redface

:S
    :-S
    :s
    :-s
    %-(
    %(
    X-(
    X(
    :eww
    :gross

:-(
    =(
    =-(
    :frown

:O
    :-O

:-o
    =O
    =-O
    =o
    =-o
    :surprised
    :shock
    mg
    :OMG
    OMG
    omg
    Omg

^^
    ^_^
    ^-^
    :grin
    :biggrin

&lt;3
    :heart

:hello

O
    O:-)
    o
    o:-)
    :innocent
    :angel

:-*
    :*
    =*
    =-*
    :kiss

:-D

=D
    =-D
    :laugh
    :lol
    :rofl
    rotflmao
    ROTFLMAO
    ROTFLMFAO
    rotflmfao
    Rotflmfao
    Rotflmao

&gt;:-)
    &gt;
    &gt;:-&gt;
    &gt;:&gt;
    :evil
    :twisted
    :naughty

:|
    :-|
    :neutral
    :meh

:smh
    :shakingmyhead

:-&amp;
    :&amp;
    =&amp;
    =-&amp;
    :-@
    :@
    =@
    =-@
    :sick

:silly
    :goofy

:-)
    =)
    =-)
    :smile

:/
    :-/
    :\
    :-\
    =/
    =-/
    =\
    =-\
    :doh
    :undecided

;-)
    :wink

:P
    :-P

:-p
    :b
    :-b
    =p
    =P
    =b
    =-b
    =-p
    =-P

:yuck
    :razz

:w&f
    :W^F
    w@f
    W#F
    Oops
    oops

:kma
    :KMA
    kma
    KMA
    Kma

Sh
    :sh
    :SH
    sh
    SH
    :sol
    :SOL
    sol
    Sol
    :sh!thappens
    :Sh!thappens

Xoxo
    xoxo
    XOXO
    :XOXO
    :xoxo

:sad

:duh
    uh
    :duh
    :-!
    :eek

:fpalm
    :facepalm

:bow
    :bow
    :Bow

artytime
    t

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Step 6:
    Using Internalz, navigate to the "emoticon-base- dictionary.txt" file and by placing your finger on it and waiting for the pop-up, use the move option to place it in the folder:
    /etc/ palm

There isn't a palm folder in the etc extention. Are both files to be moved to /usr/ palm?
  13.    #2733  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckert21 View Post
    Step 6:
    Using Internalz, navigate to the "emoticon-base- dictionary.txt" file and by placing your finger on it and waiting for the pop-up, use the move option to place it in the folder:
    /etc/ palm

There isn't a palm folder in the etc extention. Are both files to be moved to /usr/ palm?
    Sorry
    Sent you a PM
    Will update how-to in a sec k
    Last edited by warlord9159; 08/23/2010 at 01:48 AM.

14.    #2734  
    Step 6:
    /etc/ palm

Please tell us if you got it working and if you like it or if it need any more fixin k

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    What patch do i need to have installed for them to work?
  16.    #2736  
    What patch do i need to have installed for them to work?
    none
    Reboot

and you should be good to go

Can't believe we both forgot a step! OOPS! LOL!

Love that you added a master list of the emoticons, very cool!
  18.    #2738  
    Step 6:
    /etc/ palm

Do not open the folders. just highlight them and hit Select.

And if QuickDraw here annoys anyone, just let me know, I'll get revenge for you by emailing him more Cowboy MP3's!!!
  20.    #2740  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And if QuickDraw here annoys anyone, just let me know, I'll get revenge for you by emailing him more Cowboy MP3's!!!
    LOL stop it emoticon-kma.gif